• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i had to make a guess, i would attribute it to a byproduct of TKD's method of competitive sparring. possibly using it to lull the opponent into following their rhythm, then breaking it with an attack?

bouncing, in theory, could keep you on your toes, and therefore make you more mobile than a rooted stance. perhaps it has come from imitating boxers?

to be honest, i have no idea, but if i was to take a guess, that would be it.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

The bounce...

If you mean the up and downward movement of the hips this happens when you drop down into a long stance. Long stances give you power and stability for strong blocks and strikes.

If you mean the silly sine-wave up and down stuff well i don't get that either. It's something the 'official' ITF people developed to further themselves from us 'non-official' types. I think it all detracts from Taekwondo's hard roots in shotokan by trying to flow and be a soft martial art.

I think theres a theory of increased power in there somewhere but give me a brick to break and you won't see me bouncing around.

Bretty

the sinus-like movements, was created for two purposes.

1. Increase power of the punches, bloks etc. (and it works)

2 (this I'm not so proud of) This movement was introduced to Chang Hun TKD to make it more spectator friendly. Its nicer to look at... you know... a facy thing

Sabunim 1st degree black belt NTN TKD (Chang Hun/ITF)

My school doesn't do any "bouncing", but my cousin's TSD school does. It helps them with rhythm a little bit, too.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.