Keanu Reeves, martial artist?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, but it's not like keanu reeves is the prime example of a terriffic actor... :roll: not saying he's even bad, he did a fairly good job in the first matrix, mediocre in the second, but everytime i see him i still thing "whoa... surfs up, dude 8) "

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

well, there isn't actually that much acting involved in the matrix is there?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

:lol: i suppose not. i think the main reason keanu reeves did so well in the first matrix is because for 90% of the matrix he was playing someone who was clueless and didn't know what was going on. than, at the very end of the movie, when he became "enlightened", he barely ever talked. :lol:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• 2 weeks later...
Wesley Snipes should enter in Matrix... in the good guys . He would teach Keanu how to play a hero in a Martial Art movie... He was great in Blade

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water...

I think the difference is that a martial artist is taught to use the moves not just do them in a prearranged fashion.

Just because someone knows martial arts doesn't mean they know how to make it look on screen, which is something else entirely.

Keep an open mind

I think the difference is that a martial artist is taught to use the moves not just do them in a prearranged fashion.

Have you ever heard of Kata? What about combo drills? Isn't this form of training just doing moves in prearranged fashion?

Have you ever heard of Kata? What about combo drills? Isn't this form of training just doing moves in prearranged fashion?

You are right and I probably did not make my point very clearly however I did say "not just do them in a prearranged fashion". Of course Kata are prearranged so are choreographed fight scenes, and I am sure you will agree if thats all you are shown then it's not much good for self defense. (unless you attacked by a die hard movie fan who wants to recreate the final scene from his favourite movie" :) )

Keep an open mind

"(unless you attacked by a die hard movie fan who wants to recreate the final scene from his favourite movie" )"

that would be kinda cool. "no, you can't do that, you have to stand over there and do a jump kick, or else it wont work!" :lol: