• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Keanu Reeves, martial artist?

Yes,

but still, If you go and train with a Master of Tai Chi, he'll teach you how to use those moves in real fights. ALL moves in traditional martial arts have applications in real fight because that was the reason they were created.

ALL action directors says that the moves they use for movies Aren't and shouldn't be used in real fight because they are strickly for movies.

Check the documentary "Jackie Chan My Stunts".

Look friend, if i take your words, that training for movie makes the person a martial artist like us..then, not only keanu Reeves is a M.A. , Cameron Díaz, Lucy Liu, Drew Barrymore, Sean William Scott, Uma Turman, etc.. are also martial artists in all the extension of the word who can use those skills if they are attacked for real....lol

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahaha i was watching this thing about matrix reloaded and joel silver the producer was sayin how he thought keanu was the best martial artist he had ever met and that he could take on jet li.

I'd quote bruce lee but to me he's just another person who got lucky

and what would a film producer know about martial arts...?

man, i know what you mean though.

just cos it's on the telly doesn't make it fact. i mean, how much of the news you see is the absolute truth?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I know we live in a World that everyone have diferent opinions about a particular subject.. Now about Joel Silver's comments on Keanu Reeves been better than Jet Li, I have only one thing to say..

BBwwhahahahahahahahahahh!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know he's the producer and he's trying to sell his movie.. But come on.. Pleaseeee!!! :lol: :lol:

Guys you know that fight seen with that chinese guy in a white mandiran suit, u know when he fights keanu and then says "the only way to know a person is to fight them", well that guy was actually supposed to be Jet Li but the film couldn't afford him cuz he asked for somthing like 30 million. Just thought i'd say :)

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

I bet the director said that cuz Jet Li wouldn't go in his film lol.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

True... Seraph (chinese guy) was the role that Jet Li was supossed to play in the Matrix.

I read that Jet Li turned the role in Favor to do another movie called "HERO"... not sure about that, i think that it was all about the money.

• 2 months later...

"that guy was actually supposed to be Jet Li but the film couldn't afford him cuz he asked for somthing like 30 million"

they couldn't afford jet li, but they could afford to build an entire freeway for that car chase? hmph. not that i disagree or anything (i would never pay 30 million for jet li, especially since he can be fairly easily replaced, minus the star power thing. the current seraph did a stellar job), i just kind of find that funny.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• 3 weeks later...
I think that Keanu is a great actor but... in 7 or 8 months is impossible to learn martial arts and to be a great martial artist... Matrix Reloaded would be much better with real martial artists.... in the last scene in the first Matrix when Keanu does a side kick... my God! He couldn't lift his leg!!!

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water...