• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Keanu Reeves, martial artist?

Just wondering anyone seen the matrix, gr8 film, cool fight scenes :karate: . Anyway, do you guys think that Keanu Reeves really knows Kung Fu, plus are computer graphics destoying the gr8 martial artsists like Bruce Lee, I mean the moves in that film were fantastic and most was just computer generated.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30500-12322711,00.html

All the stars had to undergo intensive martial arts training for the movie's fight scenes, and producer Joel Silver told how actress Carrie-Anne Moss broke her leg in the first week of filming.

Keanu admitted he has not continued with his Kung Fu training.

So I guess the answer is yes..and no! :D

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

Lucky stiff... If I had the ability to study for a year or so with someone like Yuen Woo Ping, I would soak up as much as humanly possible. That guy is a choreography genius, wires or no wires. I think the Matrix is probably one of his LESS spectacular movies though. Go check out Drunken Master II. :D

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

lol!! i don't think he's that hott. especially in that pic in the link-- he sorta looks like a hobo there. or if u squint, he looks like that one guy in the band Foo Fighters, Dave or wutever.

=-=bek=-=

tkd gold belt

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return." --Moulin Rouge

Submissionfighter,

That is still a martial artist, and a pretty good one too.

How is training a choreographed routine for a movie different from training a choreographed routine in a dojo, apart from looking more impressive?

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

WAYYYYY too diferent.

I mean, The training i did for Real fight or even for Sport matches, doesn't like like anything i watched on The Matrix.

That is movie fighting. Picking Martial arts most flashing moves and make them even more flashier and add acrobatics, stunts, etc...

The moves you use for real fight are short, quick and to the point.