• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Art Music

On 2001-09-20 08:03, Karateka wrote:

BLINK 182 for getting me pumped before a fight. I play it over and over again.

Hey, try checking out the following bands, you might like em:

Pennywise

Millencolin

Rancid

Dynamite Boy

The Gamits

Just adding to your horizons - some of the best music out there is the stuff that is never on the music channels or radio :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anything hip hop especially DMX or NAS and i love hitting a nice heavy bag while blasting the music....and also dance tracks especially freestyle dance....

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

For the amazing and fun tae Bo sessions with Tobias Reece, things like Firewire and other hous emmusic and trance is good for things like that because it is dynamic and mixes well with the atmosphere.

For pad and bag work some R&B is good for me because it being my favourite type of music I feel more comfortable with it.

For Forms that I preform slow things like dance music are good, or even oriental music is good for the feel.

For prepping for a competition I would like to have (not had it before) things like AAliyah and other R&B artists like Pink!

Anthony Bullock

1st Dan Black Belt - Shotokan Karate

5th Kyu Yellow Belt - Aiki-Jutsu

https://www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon

I burned a cd with some chinese orchestra numbers, they don't sound like the typical stereotype 'oriental' sounds. But the music (any orchestra, like the music in StarWars episode 1) helps me fight with better skill. As hardcore rock tends to make me fight recklessly (but a heckofalot harder too lol)

Eru! :cowboy:

I don't try to understand, it would be a waste of time. Instead I only try to understand.

• 4 weeks later...

Guns N Roses. If Appetite for Destruction doesn'yt get you pumped...you must be dead :dead:.

Also: Metallica, Sevendust, Tool, Iced Earth, some Malmsteen tunes, Zepplin, Sabbath, Moby, Basement Jaxx, the Who, Springsteen...

as you can see, I like music :smile:

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Yeah, when I do a tae-bo session, I like trance/hard-house. Basically the more commercial the better!!!!

C ya

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

I usually mix my own CD/s for my fitness kickboxing classes ... a sample of one of the tunes is on my web site (LIT/Lipstick & Bruises :lol: ). I take suggestions usually from the class. I've used trance and dance music but the class has enjoyed a mix of G&R, U2, Kravitz, Aerosmith and Van Halen.

ITF/TKD Black Belt (1st dan)/Fitness Kickboxing Instructor

(KarateForums Sensei)

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-01-20 13:26 ]

well I think any kind of music is good except slow and loud annoying music then It is fine :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"