who is better girls or boys  

20 members have voted

1. 1. who is better girls or boys

• girls
    • boys
    • girl are as good as boys, boys are as good as girls

Hi :)

Girls doing Martial arts :-?

Well I don’t mind, I think girls can be better then boys it is because girls are Flexible. do you think girls can be better then boys ? and why?

L8er :karate:

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi this is my very first post......anyway i thik girls have a kicking advantage because of the shape of thier pelvis, but boys are natuarly more muscular than girls, if it was a semi contact compo i would go with a traind girl. but if it was full contact i would go with boy (imagin hittin a girl tut tut) :)

Danuall san- "Up you'res OLD man, wax your own DAM cars, im goin out ta get LAID"

-Scott

https://www.worldkarate.net

Yes. Why? I have seen girls beat boys, and women beat men.

guess your a woman beater then :lol:

kidding!, i meant nothing by wot i sait (the tut tut thing) its just that i think it mostly men who tackle women than vice versa

Danuall san- "Up you'res OLD man, wax your own DAM cars, im goin out ta get LAID"

-Scott

https://www.worldkarate.net

Yes. Why? I have seen girls beat boys, and women beat men.

guess your a woman beater then :lol:

Huh? I'm a chick. I can't help but beat other women, especially in competitions.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

I'm going to have to say that males are physically more adept at fighting simply due to anatomy. Now before everybody jumps all over me, please listen to what I have to say and read all of my post before criticizing. This is a look at facts without trying to accuse either gender of being the lesser gender.

In a majority of cases, males are stronger than females and can take a lot more hits than they can. Yes, I understand, there is always the case of so and so who is stronger than a lot of guys or this girl beat that guy, etc. Thats okay, but as a general rule, guys are simply physically superior to females in this aspect. As one who has experience with the military, both personal and in the family, there is a reason why there are reasons for the different physical standards for males and females. I can tell you, on a long rifle and ruck run, it is usally the females that will fall towards the end of the pack. My biology professor also states that due to knee and hip position, it is more difficult for women to pivot and lunge (which is why there are many females who get injured playing tennis).

In addition, there is also a tendency in males to be more aggressive in fighting situations. Again, I know there are always those exceptions out there, and that is what they are, exceptions. Whether this is explained by genetics or a constructivist social theory is irrelevant for the purposes of this current discussion, which purpose is not to discuss the roots right now.

Fortunately for females, martial arts just isn't about pure strength either. And like many people say, there are always those females that train hard and overcome barriers and are just as strong, fast, and hard-hitting as many guys out there if not more. Since it isn't about pure strength, which is how you get really old martial arts masters that still clean the floor with young, energetic students, there is a chance for a balancing to occur.

All this leads me to my conclusion: Men generally have an advantage over women in the physical aspect of fighting. However, just as smaller or older men are able to overcome bigger men through martial arts (whether or not the bigger man is a martial artist or not), women have this same opportunity. Thus males have an advantage over women, but this can be overcome by training.

Just as a sidenote, on flexibility, I think much of the belief in female flexibility (although there is some anatomical grounding to it, I am not sure how much simply because I do not know) and the fact that females will always be more flexible is similar to this. There is a societal view (at least in America) that flexibility is somewhat unmanly and dissuades many guys from really trying to get flexible. Just take a look at male gymnasts. They are perhaps some of the strongest people pound-for-pound and are very strong just in general and go through some very intense workouts, but there are always those who snicker at them. (I think its kinda cool, actually).

If you can't tell, I tend to take a constructivist critical theory look at many things (for all of you familiar with such political science terminology).

Lastly, I have said on other posts, I have no problems with female martial artists because I just know that my future wife will be one.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

I'm going to have to say that males are physically more adept at fighting simply due to anatomy. Now before everybody jumps all over me, please listen to what I have to say and read all of my post before criticizing. This is a look at facts without trying to accuse either gender of being the lesser gender.

In a majority of cases, males are stronger than females and can take a lot more hits than they can. Yes, I understand, there is always the case of so and so who is stronger than a lot of guys or this girl beat that guy, etc. Thats okay, but as a general rule, guys are simply physically superior to females in this aspect. As one who has experience with the military, both personal and in the family, there is a reason why there are reasons for the different physical standards for males and females. I can tell you, on a long rifle and ruck run, it is usally the females that will fall towards the end of the pack. My biology professor also states that due to knee and hip position, it is more difficult for women to pivot and lunge (which is why there are many females who get injured playing tennis).

In addition, there is also a tendency in males to be more aggressive in fighting situations. Again, I know there are always those exceptions out there, and that is what they are, exceptions. Whether this is explained by genetics or a constructivist social theory is irrelevant for the purposes of this current discussion, which purpose is not to discuss the roots right now.

Fortunately for females, martial arts just isn't about pure strength either. And like many people say, there are always those females that train hard and overcome barriers and are just as strong, fast, and hard-hitting as many guys out there if not more. Since it isn't about pure strength, which is how you get really old martial arts masters that still clean the floor with young, energetic students, there is a chance for a balancing to occur.

All this leads me to my conclusion: Men generally have an advantage over women in the physical aspect of fighting. However, just as smaller or older men are able to overcome bigger men through martial arts (whether or not the bigger man is a martial artist or not), women have this same opportunity. Thus males have an advantage over women, but this can be overcome by training.

Just as a sidenote, on flexibility, I think much of the belief in female flexibility (although there is some anatomical grounding to it, I am not sure how much simply because I do not know) and the fact that females will always be more flexible is similar to this. There is a societal view (at least in America) that flexibility is somewhat unmanly and dissuades many guys from really trying to get flexible.

If you can't tell, I tend to take a constructivist critical theory look at many things (for all of you familiar with such political science terminology).

Lastly, I have said on other posts, I have no problems with female martial artists because I just know that my future wife will be one.

I agree with your asssessment on the physical aspects. Sparring is sparring, and whether a smaller opponent will beat a larger (similarly skilled) opponent often depends on the level of contact involved. Even amongst males, the size and weight differences can't be ignored - especially once contact reaches a certain point - which is why there are weight classes.

I'm glad you also mentioned that martial arts isn't only about fighting, too, since the orignal poster didn't specify what aspect of martial arts the girls were beating the boys at (or vice-versa), and I've often seen girls/women beat boys/men in martial arts competitions.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

I must be one of the exceptions, then. Not to sound ignorant, but I'm just as strong as most of the guys in my school, except the three really big guys. In the beginning, I hated to get hit in sparring, as do some females. BUT once I got over that, I can take a hit, and go shot for shot with them. We even have a small girl, adult, that is 4'10 and shinny. She grappled with someone twice her size (a guy) and fought hard. In the end, she won. I learned to never judge a book by it's cover when it comes to fighting or MA.

Laurie F

Men are generally stronger than women, thats nature, males are more phsically adapt because of competion between males, the strongest male finds a mate etc. Now, yes some women are stronger than some men, i'm sure also if a female martial artist was attacked by a man she would be able to defend herself well. In semi contact women are just as good as men, and I personally think that women in kata are generally better than men too. To conclude this in martial arts men and women are pretty even.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee