• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

bon sao is translated as the wing arm block...

how ever would u ever find yourself using this block in any situation...

whether sparring, streetfight???

i dun think so... i reckon itz to slow what do u think???

and if we dont use it what the point of having it???

http://pcorp.azn.nu | phuong nguyen | wckf | vovinam

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dun really know the term "bon sao" or maybe my shifu uses another term.

In wushu, there are so call "open concept move" and "hidden concept move". Some move might look really stupid when practise or perform in the routine, but most (real art) will have hidden meaning in that particular move.

Think and apply (set sparring) and see what you can come out with. :wink:

ah^gao

bon sao is pronounced as bong sao.

this block uses both hands at the same time.

this block is supposed to be used to deflect a punch to the chest

your deflecting hand actually blocks the punch then your second hand sweeps the opponents arm away . therefore letting you counter.

if you dont understand this concept, you wont be able to help me or give a suggestion.

all im saying is that i would never use this block in any situation

this block probably does have a 'hidden meaning' but im just saying that the block is too slow, to be used in combat.

The Bong Sau in Wing Chun is not used as a block so to speak. Meaning that when someone punches at me I do not catch it with my bong sau. Ideally the bong is employed when in close range and the opponent throws a punch so hard it causes my structure to collapse, in this instance I would apply a bong sau with chor ma and wu sau to back it up. The bong position is kept only for a split second and then turns into a Lop

Da.

Bong is also done when my opponent sticks to my arms while attacking, I can redirect many of his stong attacks using Bong Sau with the Wu Sau. In Wing Chun we do not stick to our opponent, He sticks to us. And when he is not sticking... we hit!

Very Respectfully wcnavstar

"We work with being, but non-being is what we use" Tao Te Ching

...is a very special move.

it is formed when your tan sau receives too much pressure.

when this happens, you have to reposition your elbow to "leak" (translating from the chinese "lau") the oncoming force. this basically means that you turn the tan sau into bong sau. if it is done properly, the bong sau has a spring to it and the oncoming strike is deflected with very little effort. BUT the bong sau only occurs when there is sufficient force to turn your tan sau. you don't just do it to receive a strike.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

i understand what the bon sao is...

but i was just asking do you or would you use it in a fight???

i find that i neva need to use or even think of using it in a fight or for sparring.

i understand that it does work, but why is it there if you don't really use it.

be honest have you or would you use it in a fight?

I have and would use it again in a fight. Yet if you see no reason for its use and it does not come nuturally to you. Then the Bong Sau for you is no good and should be discarded from your own personal use. That however does not make it ineffective for everyone else.

Sadly, though we all have two arms and two legs, we do come with different body types. Which means more often than not the techniques that you apply will have to be changed slightly or just dicarded completly when I do them. Lending to the fact that there are so many different forms of Wing Chun.

In the end the choice is up to you to either adjust the technique for your own use or don't use it at all.

Very Respectfully wcnavstar

"We work with being, but non-being is what we use" Tao Te Ching

i guess ive neva thought of it that way... very true.

i guess i dont train the bon sao often enough for it to become one of my most used blocks... therefore not feeling comfortable...

coolies thanks for your oppinion

y'know, when i train, i find that that most used block is the one that we most recently did s big session on.

try it, spend an hour every day for a week just on bong sau exercises (lop sau etc). then at the end of the week, have a little sparring session. see what block is the most instinctive.

i guess this is why we have to train everything so bloody hard. to make sure we don't develop habits.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

y'know, when i train, i find that that most used block is the one that we most recently did s big session on.

did s big session on???

did this big session on???