• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

this is a question for the muay thai people out there- im at a point where training at a school means money that i dont currently have, so im just working on my own for the moment. ive done other, "softer" arts, but i was hoping some kickboxing typa people could gimme some ideas with exercises/workouts/whatever so i can at least start on my way to kicking like those hard core thai boxers. my front kicks are pretty good (kinda slow but powerful) and my roundkicks are improving but i have a way to go. i have a puncing bag and a friend whos a blackbelt in tae kwon do if that means anything, and i do lift weights regularly. oh and im trying to get into jogging again. thanks, i look forward to replies.

a broken arm throws no punches

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Just do what you can man, no training is better than nothing.

"razor elbows, killer knees, iron fists and monster kicks"

"Nice punch!!!, now let's see how well you punch with a broken arm"

Hey! Some techniques you could do are for balance. What I do is bring whichever knee you want up to your waist and keep it there for a while then extend your leg to a place where is comfortable. Then after a little while bring it back down to bent knee and then keep it there for as long as possible and then bring your leg down. Keep doing this but rotating legs. This technique works great with me! I hope this works :D

A lot of useful information I have gathered about Muay Thai has been done simply by watching the experts at work (either training or fighting). Try to emulate, and subsequently get a feel for, how they move, deliver techniques and counter.

Study in front of a mirror. As you may know, human beings have a tendency to get inaccurate body images while under stress (be they working out or actually fighting),mistakes like letting your back leg drift directly behind the front one, or letting your guard down before, during or after delivering a blow are easy to miss. The mirror does help isolate and eliminate such habits, although it is no substitute for an expert's perceptual capabilities.

I would suggest you go with interval sprints rather than pure jogging. The high-power endurance you develop is exceedingly useful when training. Besides, it's a fantastic way to get around!