Tournaments?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My club has a tournament that runs for a few week with other clubs in which most of the club go to i heard they're great fun. i cant go because i haven't tested yet but theres this tournamnet with in the club starting next week. i cant wait as i can take part. i live in ierland and there not that many big tournaments near my club

I've gone to tournaments in the past, and will be starting again in a couple of weeks to get my feet wet again (it has been 3-4 years since I've competed). My first tournament will be a shiai, followed by a AAA rated tournament in a nearby town. I've done well in competitions in the past, but go to them infrequently enough that I never bothered to get rated myself (what's the point if you only go to one tournament from each circuit, rarely going to two from the same circuit in one year?).

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

Yes I have competed. It is a great way for you to get motivated on perfecting Kata, etc.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

I love competing. It's a great way to meet new people who have similar interests, try your skills outside of your own dojo/school and learn new concepts ideas etc.

For the first time tournament attendie, word of advice, don't get discouraged if things don't go as you may have hoped.

I've seen tournaments be beneficial and detrimental to a student's attitude towards MA. Remeber, it's about having fun and learning. You should always walk away with something to learn from.

As for me, I try to stick to nationaly sactioned tournaments. One, because I train for such a level and two I enjoy the professionalism of the judging and competition.

Have fun!! :D :D

"No Excuses"