wing chun guys/gurls: wing chun blocks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number one, with the palm open it promotes relaxation, wich leads to sinking and rooting.

sinking, rooting. what do these terms means, becoz it dun sound so good :brow:

http://pcorp.azn.nu | phuong nguyen | wckf | vovinam

Sinking:

Involves sinking your body wheight into the ground. Making your stance solid and harder for others to move you... Rooting.

There are many other applications for sinking and rooting. At best it is better to have your sifu explain it to you. If not then I can do my best.

Very Respectfully wcnavstar

"We work with being, but non-being is what we use" Tao Te Ching

FromtheGroundUp is right about the open hand being structurally stronger than with the fist. In Aikido they teach this principal. Extend your arm in front of you with an open hand and have a friend try to bend your arm, forcing your hand towards you. Then try it again making a fist. The open hand arm is a lot harder to bend. I don't know why, but it's true.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

I think this is because when many people make a fist, they fully turn it 90 degrees. If you turn it 45 degrees, the fist and the open hand will be equally difficult to bend. Since I don't feel like repeating all the reasons for this again, if you are interested, look at the 3/4 turn punch posting in the strategies and tactics section

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

That's interesting you pointed that out, I didn't think of that. That's the way we are taught to punch with our fist at a 45.

Well wckf_azn if you are tensing up you will be slower than if you are relaxed. I would say if you know how to use relaxing to your advantage, there is no such thing as over relaxing. If you don't know why your relaxing than over relaxing can get you in trouble. I hope this helps.

relax is to not get over excited. your mind can be calm and your vision clearer. ever been in a situation whereby you are too angry and you just don't know what you doing or going to do next?

over relaxing to me is lazy, when your body is in that mode, you can't do anything, yar :wink:

my way relaxing is mostly focus on the shoulder, arms and waist. leg should be a little tense to help get hold of some rooting.

ah^gao I think your right about not getting too excited and relaxing I totally agree. I was simply referring to the physical part of relaxing, you brought up the psychological part. I think both are important in order to be able to handle a situation effectively. Good point. :)