• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what price is ok?

I pay £2.50 per class. I quite like it that way. We just train in a sports hall, so we're just paying to cover the costs of that mainly. I doubt that my sensei will be building an extension on his house with any profits :lol:

I went to Aikido for a while, and the class there was a monthly payment type of thing. It was cheap, but it was annoying, 'cause I felt that if you were ever going to miss the first week of the month (through illness or whatever) that everyone in the club would think you were trying to get out of paying for that month. :lol:

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My teacher charges $45/month for 4 hours a week of hands-on instruction. I don't know much about MA, I'm new to it, but I do know that if he were a dance teacher that would be considered very reasonable.

My training is usually privates, due to the distance of my Grandmaster, and Senior Instructors. So with that in mind, when I travel to them for continued instruction, I pay whatever the private rates are for the Senior instructors. Usually $100.00hr.

If they come to me, and I finance the trip which dosen't cost a whole lot then my training is free, and it's usually up to as many hours as I can handle :D :D .

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

i would pay around 6.50 per class if I had to pay, the most i'd pay for any martial art would be 12 per class - but that'd have to be a pretty impressive and enjoyable martial art for me to pay that much.

A lot of them are lacking the actual training and lessons that they should be teaching. I mean the WTF Tae Kwon Do I used to go to, I would see black belts and white belts in the same classes, doing the exact same thing, the only difference is that they were taught different forms and the black belts would be chosen to show examples. And there wasn't any "special black belt session" either. LAme.

MONEY HUNGRY MONEY HUNGRY.

My bill per semester at the local college is about $125-150, not including testing fees which are about $20 a whack. Four hours instruction per week is the norm.

Motrin and chiropractic adjustment is another story.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

We pay 55 per month.

White belts train with the rest of us. Sensei tried a brown and black belt class but it was Friday nights and few (if any) showed up for it so he stopped it. When I first started there was a differentiation between the belt levels but Sensei can't really do that since he has to schedule his available class time between karate, jujitsu and tai chi; there are a total of 7 adult karate classes I can attend each week, but the times they are available (some at lunch, another at 4:30, before my husband is home to take the kids), makes it so I can only attend three at the moment.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

G r e e n D r a g o n

FOR THE ABSOLUTE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS...AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE: https://www.trueprotein.com

For an even lower price, use this discount code: CRA857

Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior. - Carl von Clausewitz

I pay 33 dollars per month. This includes 2 hour classes 5 days a week. On Saturdays, we have the option of a 6 hour class if we can get up in time. So I say pretty cheap.

I was paying 50 dollars a month for Wing Tsun lessons.

Peace and Sastimos---Joshua

There are no limits.