what price is ok?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, indeed. but nonetheless there are different prices around and i dont think it always is the better school that has a higher fee. i just wanted to know what is "normal" :roll:

Normal depends a lot on the demographics of where you live. I have paid as little as $30/month and as much as $120/mo. I have also trained for free. Currently I live in a small town and pay $50/month but the main school-located in a larger city-charges $150/month.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

kind of much for a 17 year old like me without own income. what is it u r training? do you train more than one martial art at the same dojo? does it have a fitness center attached, that is open 5 or 7 days a week?

and what do you others pay?

I think that if it seems unreasonable, it probably is.

My instructor actually doesn't charge or get paid since he volunteers at my university. There is a plus and a minus to this. The minus is that since it isn't his actual job, he can not spend as much time as regular instructors teaching us and his job takes priority for the most part. The plus is that he is doing this entirely of his own volition and is very motivated to teach us.

My little brother takes karate back home and he has to pay about $75 a month, I think.

In the end, its entirely a matter of how much it is worth to you.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

TKD and kung fu-combined into one system. No fitness center, no extras, classes 6 days a week if you want. The main school is building a new facility-I'm not sure what it will have available fitness wise. They only offer the one system and limit you to 3 classes/week unless you are a BB. I do not necessarily agree with that, but since I am not at the main school I can't complain. :D

My old school offered TKD, Cardio-kickboxing, muay thai, arnis, and BJJ all for one price. Unlimited classes if under contract, 7 days a week. This ran about 120/month or 85/month on contract.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

I pay $80 a month. My school offers TKD, Kali, "Do Meditation" ( ..... whatever that is LOL), and Japanese archery (sp?). I take just TKD.

OMG!!! Heidi! They charge that much now (main school)???? I'm glad I left .... sheesh.

Icetuete, it also depends on the area you are in. Where I live, the average price is $100. Where my school is, the average price is about $90 (my school being the cheapest).

Edited by karatekid1975

Laurie F