• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hi all!

i want to learn a martial art. thats für sure. but what??

the most important thing is that it makes me a better athlet. i am an amateur sportsman and not even a very good one. i dont have too much cardio as well and am not very strong. what martial art is best for me? dont have any expirience with them yet.

thanks in advance!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Tough question to answer. Find out what is available, what interests you, visit the schools, talk to the instructors and watch/participate in a few classes if you can.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

The judo and jujitsu I took were both good workouts. Not sure about the others as I haven't taken them, but from the sound of things TKD is a good workout, too.

A lot depends on the club and how they train; there are good and bad clubs in all martial arts. Also, what is good for you might not be good for me.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

Nightshade, do you want good self defence as well?

Not to bash TKD, but it's not the greatest self-defence system as far as I know (TKD has many other benefits though, like being popular and competetive).

If I were you, I'd go for the Kung Fu. (Mostly because I find it highly fascinating:) )

Grappling enthusiast!

Shootfighting as well.

Well if ur looking for a good workout try TkD or wushu.Search for a wushu school near u (not just wushu any MA) and ask if u can get an introductory class or just watch one.after checking many schools and styles,i am sure u can make up ur own mind and see what style best fits u. good luck