• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any Nisei Goju'rs out there?

Scuba Steve

I go to a dojo in Putnam county NY. Have been training for 11 years (I'm 18 now). My instructor is Kioshi Nick Spinicchia (6th degree). We focus on the art of the style like most Nisei Goju schools do. But we also incorporate many styles to prepare us for a 'street fight' (we work a lot of jujitsu, aikido, grappling, and such). Right now im 1st que training for my black belt test which should come ina few months right before I ship out to the navy and go S.W.C.C. then maybe SEALs if I still like it.

The thing I like most about my dojo is the other black belts that are welcome into it. My instructor knows a ton of people and there is a 8th degree blakc belt who studies jujitsu... and he is by far the most bad ass person I know. Hes about 55.

I know my school is special because there isnt 51233405 people in the class. It is made up of 8 adult student (adult class is 16+), 6 black belts from that school, and maybe 3 black belts who don't belong to the school but attend the classes because some how they got accepted into the broad Nise Goju family that is in the NYC area.

Im also a very talented wrestler and placed 3rd in the section my varsity year. My intructor goes out of his way to teach me grappling techniques that I alreayd know (kinda) :wink:

Any other Nisei Goju students out there? Tell me about yourself!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt