• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate gi's and comfort

Sibylla

I sweat a lot, and get hot, and I don't like the heavy gi's for that reason. I would like to have a nice looking gi that breathes (not the cheap poly/cotton stuff)...I see that Shureido have a expensive gi made out of artificial silk/poly/cotton...do anyone have any experience with it? Do they hold up good, start to smell (like some polyesterthings does), look good etc?

I am a short and wide person, will the shureido fit me?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ummm I don't know the shureido brand.. I wear tenki...

and we sell 'golden tora' and 'sportsmaster' at our club...

I find the thicker suits are better because they do allow breathing :/... if you have thinner suits and sweat it sticks to you...

and the thicker suits in winter are also warmer lol

sorry.. not much help

Bri!

xxxxxxx

Stress - The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living * out of some * that desperately needs it!

Hi, i'm new to this forum. I find that Dragon International makes top quality gi's. There heavy weight brush cotton gi's absorb the sweat nicely and draw it away from your body, helping to cool off. However, I would recommend starting with their Juka Bronz or Juka Emerald. Their Canvas/cotton Gi's are nice too and cheaper, but for reasons mentioned above, I like the brushed cotton.

Had I the Heavens Embroidered Cloths

Enwrought with the Gold and Silver Light

The Blue, the Dim, the Dark Cloths,

on Night, Light, and the Half Light,

I would spread these cloths under your feet.

But I, being poor, have only my Dreams.

I have spread my Dreams under your feet.

Tread softly, for you tread on my Dreams. --W.B.Y.

how good are canvas gis

sooo good

i had cotton for a year now i can't get over the snap you hear in the gi when you do a technique in canvas

how good are canvas gis

sooo good

i had cotton for a year now i can't get over the snap you hear in the gi when you do a technique in canvas

I like that too, but I was even more impressed when I heard it when training my cotton/spandex pants at home! :D

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

I already have a thick brushed cotton gi, it feels like an oven even if it doesn't stick to my body...maybe it is that gi in particular, or just me...my thin, cheap poly/cotton thing feels cooler but it looks like sh*t... :cry:

how good are canvas gis

sooo good

I like that too, but I was even more impressed when I heard it when training my cotton/spandex pants at home! :D

hahahah was that snap followed by a rip sound?

how good are canvas gis

sooo good

hahahah was that snap followed by a rip sound?[/quote

:lol:

Nope, just talented I guess. :karate:

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

how good are canvas gis

sooo good

it's like music to my ears

by the way i think super power and bushido make pretty good quality heavy gis (even if you don't like them you should give em a try). i think they make light weight gis to but i dont think theyre as good quality as the heavys but theyre still pretty good and comfortable

:D

1st degree blackbelt

Nickname: Sparky

"I will train untill I succed, I will train untill I succed, I will train, I will succed!!