• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

computer help

fireka

is it only the manufactuer you need? it says on the disply screen under manufactourer 'ATI Tech - enhanced

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Somewhere near where the Manufacturer was there should be a Name: listed. If you can't find it there here's another way to find the same info. Right click on My Computer and choose properties. Click on the Hardware tab then click on the Device Manager button. You should see something called Display Adapters. click on the + next to Display Adapters. There should be something listed there. It'll probably say ATI Somethingorother. Post whatever that says here. :)

Aamorn - KSW Chuhng Di

ive played here before. its listed under 'RANGE LT PRO AGP 2X (ENGLISH)'

it only mentions that other thing under driver were again it says ATI enhanced

Well, I'm not sure if that helped or made me more confused :lol: Everything I've found about the rage lt pro has said that it's a laptop video card.

I was thinking last night actually that since you ran the spinning box test fine with directx7 but not 8 that your drivers might just need to be updated (drivers are how your hardware communicates to windows basically) Now the problem is that this card is old enough that I doubt ATI is still making new drivers for it. These were the latest drivers I could find at ATI's website:

http://www.ati.com/support/products/pc/rageltpro/win98/rageltprowin98drivers.html?cboOS=Windows+98&cboProducts=RAGE+LT+PRO&eula=&choice=agree&cmdNext=Next

Near the top there are two choices for "display drivers" I'd choose the second one if you don't think you need that dvd stuff it talks about, otherwise choose the first one.

There should be instructions included on how to install it.

You might also want to consider calling ATIs tech support. I think if you go here: http://www.ati.com/support/index.html You'll be able to email them. They'll probably be a lot faster at helping you than I'll be able to :wink:

Aamorn - KSW Chuhng Di

Aside from the DirectX update to 8, which you will need, I am conficent that Aamorn KSW is also right about the video card. Considering the detail of the PS2 game, I'm fairly confident this game has a ton of graphics that need processing.

My son recently picked up a WWII game that has a ton of detail. Our computer has never really had a problem running his games, but it did occationally freeze on flight simulator. We went out and bought a higher end "gaming" graphics card (about $80US), and installed it in the computer. Now everything runs like silk, and the 3D graphics are like watching an animated movie. Ours was from ADI, and you can pick these up at gaming stores and Best Buy, etc.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

okay heres the skinny: dude! i could kiss you! the download at least got me further than were i was before, but we still have problems to face and lets first see if we can do it without spending money. The game only works in 16 bit windowed resolution, which causes a problem because the game itself ends up having a lot of distortion (when gandalf grabed the ring from frodo, it looked like his hands didnt just leave they streched like bublegum! also Bag end (frodo's house) had so much distortion i couldnt see were i was going half the tme)

is there a way to change my computers over all resolution? im almost positive this computer was meant to be 32 bit combatiable.

also, another complaint you all can do nothing about but im sure tolk fans could agree. the opening movie came in pretty clear; that was Galladrien! what the heck!? she looked like brittany spears, and that was the worst rendition of the tale of the forging of the ring ive ever heard. otherwise, from what i could see, the game didnt look half bad though.

Garage sale PCs aren't the best you could get. I'm guessing you need a new video card. I've never checked out that game but the ATI Rage Pro isn't the best for games these days. I have one at work here on this PC, and it pails in comparison to what I have at home. But honestly, it could be any number of things considering we don't know what your system is.