• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Arts in the military

What styles do you *know* or *think* the military trains in? I think this would be a good debating topic considering the military ''uses the most deadliest force''

-SoulAssassin

"I aint gonna eat, I aint gonna sleep, aint gonna breath till I see what I wanna see and what I wanna see is you goto asleep, in the dirt permanently"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Militarty trains in a variety of things..our miliatary uses a mix of BJJ, Muay Thai and TKD I belive..atleast thats what I hear alot.

The Israeli Defense force Trains in Krav Maga and so do a Few elite US special Forces..including the Delta Force.

I honestly Belive Krav Maga Is proabably the Best Choice For the Military.

Here Is a link to an Offical military Combatives Page..Check it out, it's got some great pictures.

Obviously they are doing BJJ..

http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/fm/3-25.150/toc.htm

Here is another great picture..It's of a US special Forces anti terror unit holding a Krav Maga Force Training division Shirt over Saddam in Baghdad :D

When I was in the Army unarmed combat training was an 8 hour block of instuction over 3 days. It involed chokes, falls, and throws thats it. Airborne was the same. Now in Ranger school we got some training in BJJ. and more time to work with other people.

Kendo is like starwars and everyone gets to be Darth Vader.

"Luke, I am your sensei"

MACMAP is the martial arts program that the marines follow. there is a ranking system - the first belt is tan, the second is gray, and you can progress beyond that.

From what I've heard from various marine friends, the emphasis varies. I've got one friend who is doing mainly standing and ground grappling, and I've got another friend who is doing mainly striking

I read an article in kung fu magazine about the militarys martial arts. I dont remember what the system was called but heres some info.They use muay thai knees, elbows and roundkick. Strikes from karate and kung fu. Pressure points and joint locks from shin na. Ground fighting from bjj. Grappling, arm bars and chokes from jui jutsu. Throws from judo. Weapons training from Kali/Escrima, And they practice firearms (duh!). This system would be extremely effiective for street use, and it is probebly the most cross training art in the world? The downside is that it takes 40 years to master (yikes!).