• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ok, the subject is roundhouse kicks...the short roundhouse kick and the thai roundhouse kick I can cope with...but I think I'm doing something wrong with the snap roundhouse kick...

The way my instructor is trying to get me to do it I'm sure my knee is just gonna snap or something... :uhoh:

The way he does it he lifts his knee right up as if he's aiming for someone's chin, then quickly turns it into a roundhouse kick...

Do you turn your knee inwards? Or...hmm, or what? :uhoh:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i`am not really sure but iam in kickboxing not tia boxing.

well if your right handed go in your stans and turn your heel pointing at apponet thenlift up other leg and finish it of like doing the last part of a round house kick but snap it really fast!!!if left do oppisite :smile:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

The best way to make your Snap RoundHouse Kick is to make sure after you deliver the kick bring it back as quickly as you can...thats where the snap comes in. From the kick, and back to the ground. < SNAP >

Kung Fu Black Belt 1st Dan

GoldDragon Academy

-------------------------

Represenitive for Paltalk.com

*-*-*-*-Mouser (Palhelp)*-*-*-*-*-

On 2001-09-20 20:23, Prodigy-Child wrote:

.........word!

..... shouldnt it be sound??????

• 2 months later...

All kicks are harder to see when you chamber the knee as if you wanted to do a front kick, i.e. straight up instead of on the side.

If you chamber your kick on your side, there's more chance your opponent will see it coming and do something about it.

If you chamber it straight in front of you and then turn it into a round kick, either he'll have less chance to see it, or if he sees it, he'll think it's a front kick and won't be prepared for a roundhouse... :bigwink:

SuperMinh well since your fairly new just wanted to say try and keep the old topics behind thanks :smile: