• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What does the bold.... mean?

Refering to Chinese Monk. What does the bold head and the spots mean?

The knowing of Violence and living in no violence brings peace.

Shaolin Chuan Fa

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
the bald head symbolises one of the many sacrafices made to attain enlightenment and the dots (traditionally burnt onto the forhead) symbolises the years of service. dont quote me on this but i think it is 3 to every 20 years. hope i have been of some help. although there is proberly some KF elitist out there who is just waiting to kick me in the ass and prove me wrong :lol:

Again, Henry, I'm not trying to prove you wrong or kick your ass in anyway... :lol:

Just a add on to wat you have said... To shave off the hair is to get rid of human's desires and attachments.

Some book I read in Lotus Sect shave all hairs that can be found on their body and looks like a featherless chicken, pure white skin... :lol:

dont worrie about it gao im sure the many different sects of monks do different rituals for different reasons for example there are many types of shaolin monks (wondering monks, fighting monks to preaching monks) there is no right and wrong in what either of us have said as no particular sect was mentiand in the question. what style do u practice Gao? i do shaolin boxing, taichi chean (+taichi sword) and shotokan karate.

My main subject is Hung Gar Kuen and over the years I learn from different Master and Instructor the art of Southern Shaolin, Nghor Chor (5 Master Art), Har Gar Kuen, Hsing-I, Pat Kua Palm and bit of this and that, but mostly covers on wushu.

As a local (singapore) wushu instructor, I have also gone through the course for contemp wushu and international compulsory routines.

So to put it in simple words, I'M JACK OF ALL TRADE :lol:

I now figuring through the art of Jiu-Jitsu for its grappling methods, which I hope can incorperate into my wushu teaching methods :P

• 10 months later...

Do Real Monks start with a bold head and end with long hair? our thats just movie stuff?

The knowing of Violence and living in no violence brings peace.

Shaolin Chuan Fa

So how hard do you have to be to get those huge white eyebrows ?

>>>PS<<<

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Self-defense is only an illusion, a dark cloak beneath which lurks a razor-sharp dagger waiting to be plunged into the first unwary victim. Sifu Wong.