• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It is good that you disagree, Chi is not magical it is a way of understanding and classifying the mechanics of the body.

I totally agree with you that most if not all of what we so has some sort of logical reasoning behind it. Yrt for those of us who beleive that Chi is something more, I believe that their is something there that others will never feel until they beleive. Then again you can never really convince anyone to see what is beyond reasoning and their own fist when they are looking at the sky for answers.

As far as the explanation of what chi is, adrenaline and such. I was merely pointing out the different views that are out there and not totally just the ones that I agree with. I leave all doors open so I may invite in whomever I wish.

Very Respectfully wcnavstar

"We work with being, but non-being is what we use" Tao Te Ching

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could argue also that it is the positioning that allows the Chi to flow naturally. That without proper stucture in technique the Chi will be blocked making your whole defense fall to the floor.

Likewise you could say that regaurdless of stucture and body mechanics. With out the proper flow of energy applied into a correct stucture then it is an empty shell. And because there is an energy applied even when perfect stucture is involved. And we do not rely on muscle energy. Then that energy must be internal, not magical, but from the ground through our bodies. Without a certain type of applied energy, perfect stuctue and body mechanics will cease to work.

Very Respectfully wcnavstar

"We work with being, but non-being is what we use" Tao Te Ching

well, it is also my belief that much of the mystery comes from trying to translate chinese concepts into english and the translations being too literal.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

ahhh, but i see it as as those little elements such as positioning and centres and structures that makes it all work... when it works i feel nothing because the pressure applied to me goes straight through me into the ground and the force is dissipated BECAUSE of structure and position.

Absolutely, I would never teach rooting no directing pressure as Chi.

my main thing against chi is that if it isn't about positions etc then if you are a chi master then you can disregard eveything relating to structures and use only your chi.

So if you understand rooting [specifically pushing your hits from the ground] can you disregard everything relating to the use of hips or follow-through? I don't think the statement holds well.

as of yet i have not seen any demonstrations that do not rely on body mechanics.

There was a point where I had not seen any demonstrations I could not simply discout as well. I understand where you are coming from.

Yrt for those of us who beleive that Chi is something more, I believe that their is something there that others will never feel until they beleive.

I can think of a few experiments off-hand that could be done so as to establish it to someone with no training / sensitivity / belief.

sorry, guys

i never meant for this to turn into an argument.

this really is a case of believe or not believe.

i'm just saying that i'm a non believer and much of it i guess is because of the wing chun i am learning has been taught to me very scientifically and being a bit of a dab hand at maths+physics, i can see how the forces are working in the structures that we use.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."