• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best fighting game series

What do you think the best fighting game series is?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the best fighting game series is?

• Street Fighter (includes other capcom fighters)
    • Tekken
    • Dead or Alive
    • Soul Calibur/ Soul Edge
    • Virtua Fighter
    • Guilty Gear
    • Bloody Roar
    • snk fighters series (includes fatal fury, king of fighters, ect..)
    • snk fighters series (includes fatal fury, king of fighters, ect..)
    • mortal kombat

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I didnt have enough room to put all of the snk fighters down so when i say the snk fighting series i include king of fighters, fatal fury, samuri showdown, last blade and any other snk fighting games. Also when i say street fighter and other capcom fighters i include street fighter series, marvel vs capcom series, capcom vs snk series, the awful 3d street fighters and street fighter alpha series.

Also any other fighter you can think of that you like best you can tell us about.

I loved playing Virtua Fighter (yes the original one) at the arcade when I was younger. I would SO beat all the boys who tried to challenge me. I don't like Virtua Fighter 4 though. Controls are too slow.

Mortal Kombat is kind of boring.

I've always loved the Street Fighter games...very colorful, very fun. Street Fighter Alpha 3 is very cool. The controls flow very nicely.

I like Tekken 3...I'm not allowed to play with Eddy Gordo anymore because he's just such a cheap character :P

Marvel vs. Capcom is great...pretty easy and fun. Great to just pick up and play. Gotta love playing with Ryu AND Wolverine :D

Dead or Alive ... what can I say? The guys love it. I've always thought the outfits and the oh-so-famous "bounce" feature were pretty funny :lol:

So my current favorites to play are: Tekken 3, Dead or Alive (original or sequel both are good), and Marvel Vs. Capcom.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I was just wondering, Whats up with akira or whatever the hell his name is name is from virtua fighter. Hes japanese, lives in japan, wears a gi, but does kung fu (although his attacks in the game seem to be more like karate), that is wack! Also what martial art do ken and ryu from street fighter take (i know they take the same art because they have the same master)? Im pretty mure its karate or kenpo because they are japanese and wear gi's. If anyone knows the answers to iether to these questions let me know.