• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Some boxers fight toe to toe others dont, sure they have to get in closer to punch. But not all boxers are sluggers. Like I said befor If you try and hit an experienced boxer with open hand,eye gouge,knife hand, which ever he is still going to react the same as if you were throwing a jab,hook,cross or uppercut. He may dodge just by moving his head he could pivot and side step around you there are many things that he could do, a person can throw an open hand attack at about the same speed as a jab. The boxer most likely wont expect a kick while fighting in close because he will GENERALLY act similar as he reacts in the ring, but befor the first blow is delivered he will generally keep out of kicking distance untill he can close in. As For grappling, boxers clinch all the time it makes boxing kind of boring but SOME boxers will try and out mucle the guy and throw him away so he can punch again.

Boxing is very Intelligent as I am learning, Im still trying to break the habbit of using my arm strength to punch I have fairly big arms, but using the ground and my feet for the power is much less physically draining.

Boxing is not perfect but it is certainly not useless either.

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
a good boxer lettin loose with his fists on the street will decimate whatever is in his way. not bashing karate or anything, but katas wont save you from something like that unless youre a karate master... and take lennox vs a karate master... i dunno. either way, if you want street fighting (unarmed), boxing is a great way to go, cause kicking the sh it out of someone is what its all aboutl.

a broken arm throws no punches

ha, interesting choice of words, since techinically boxers don't kick!

Well, hopefully we might see Tyson vs "a muay thai master" in the K-1 arena soon - which should answer some questions. My guess is that the boxer/Tyson, although undoubtedly having superior hand skills, will succumb to the thai low kicks...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, first time I write in this forum.

Just wanted to say what I say to anyone who asks me about boxing

Any man who can k-o a guy; that is specially trained in evading punches and can take a desent puch, is a pretty good fighter. Especially street fighter. But we have to remember this, boxers can do that with gloves on. Now that certainly makes a big difference does'nt it, because the difference between getting hit in the face from someone wearing gloves and someone who's not, is like the difference between bare knuckles and someone using brass-knuckles?

So if you ask me about who would win in a street fight, I would also put my money on the boxer. since almost nobody would stand for a punch from a good heavy hitting boxer (without gloves).

Hi, first time I write in this forum.

Just wanted to say what I say to anyone who asks me about boxing

Any man who can k-o a guy; that is specially trained in evading punches and can take a desent puch, is a pretty good fighter. Especially street fighter. But we have to remember this, boxers can do that with gloves on. Now that certainly makes a big difference does'nt it, because the difference between getting hit in the face from someone wearing gloves and someone who's not, is like the difference between bare knuckles and someone using brass-knuckles?

So if you ask me about who would win in a street fight, I would also put my money on the boxer. since almost nobody would stand for a punch from a good heavy hitting boxer (without gloves).

While I don't dispute the fact that a good boxer will have a very powerful punch, there are two things to keep in mind:

1)Gloves add weight. Lots of it. Momentum = mass * velocity. So the heavier the gloves, the harder it is possible to hit.

2)Gloves let you pound away without worrying about your fists. In a street fight, your hands might start to hurt. If that happens your brain might not let you punch full force the way you are used to.

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate