There is no Best Martial Art

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I sense an arrogance and disrepect for TMA. I am only repeating what others had said on this post. Read Andrew Green's comment he claims MMA is the only way to train, I don't agree. I agree the training methods are great, we use them too. I can't seem to get the point across, that TMA's train full contact when it is appropriate. I was saying that the TMA I study is very effective and we train very hard, we fight each other full contact and soft. Why is this so hard to believe?

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Not all TMA train that way. In most people's experiences (at least most of the people I know) Most of them DON'T train that way. It's not hard to believe that your school trains that way, however, it'd be VERY hard to believe that ALL of them train that way, as you state in your generalizations. Also, just given the very nature of the art, the avg mma will tend to train harder than the avg cma.

I agree that train MMA harder, because when we train weapons we can't really train full contact. MMA train in the same method as Sports Art do, so your right. Yeah all TMA's don't train this way, and not all MMA's train in weapons either. So my point is, it really depends on what you want to learn. Weapons training to some people doesn't seem practical, but it can be. I prefer to study weapons because they intrigue me, and the training you get with a hanbo, bo staff, or katana can be used with a broom stick or a bat etc.. You never know if you might need a weapon to fend off more than one person.

1OneFighting read where AndrewGreen says MMA's is the only way to train, how would you respond to that if you study TMA. Most people don't even know what Budo Taijutsu is let alone have they even tried it. The Thread is no Best MA, I said agree with that. There is no best MA, but some MA's are specifically for Combat and other are for Sport, both are effective. Does that sound unreasonable to you? Weird huh. :-?

1OneFighting read where AndrewGreen says MMA's is the only way to train, how would you respond to that if you study TMA. Most people don't even know what Budo Taijutsu is let alone have they even tried it. The Thread is no Best MA, I said agree with that. There is no best MA, but some MA's are specifically for Combat and other are for Sport, both are effective. Does that sound unreasonable to you? Weird huh. :-?

Have you actually read my posts?

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

Yes I have, I hope we've come to an understanding.

Read this article it's long, but really interesting. It relates to this topic.

https://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/traditionalMA.htm

VERY good article Treebranch, thank you!. Thinking of it in this way have made me understand what I'm doing a lot better, so again, thank you for "opening" my eyes about it. (I myself was once that "no good son of a B**** " he is refering to, so I know he is right!. Better to be humble and do self improvment, not self defense!).

Thanks!!

If the first lesson was a failure, then you know that skydiving isn't for you!