Blackbelt at 16?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

err okay, of course there is no chance in the world for a sixteen year old to actually deserve a blackbelt, but i mean sure when you turn 18, you instantly deserve it,

sure the 5 years of training which i did doesnt matter, but the two year of training at a mc dojo to earn a black belt when your over 18 matters.

right.

If I were you, I would quit while I wasn't too far behind....

:)

i still dont get you, why on earth should i quit?, im not behind?. have you got some personal vendetta against underaged blackbelts?, can i ask you what your actual ranking is in martial arts. i dont mean to be arrogant but i would appreciate it if you could explaing what you mean

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

The initial quote from Kensho Furuya was made:

"If you think you deserve or are ready for a black belt, then you are not."

THis was posted in response to your comment:

"I think I deserve a black belt as much as the others."

Think about how the two statements relate to each other.

In answer to your question about ranking:

Very... I just came in from mowing the lawn! :)

If that isn't satisfactory, see my profile page, please.

:D

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

This place isnt for gloating or showing off. I think i have faced enough disrespect from fellow members here purely because of my age and obvious lack of understanding. Continue this converstation without me

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

I don't see anyone disrespecting others here, I just see someone who doesn't understand a very simple statement/quote and has taken offense and become defensive about it. Age has nothing to do with it. This forum is about discussion and people should understand that if we all agreed on everything there would be nothing to discuss.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

just curious.

how do you guys work for your belt?

what do you have to do?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I recived My Black Belt When I Was 11 Years Old. I Was Deserving Of It Though. I Was Not Allowed To Teach Classes But When You First Get Your Black Belt There Is Still Alot To Learn. Black Belt Is Just Another Rank. I Belive That A Student Shoulden't Be Allowed To Get His/Her Second Degree Untill They Are 16 Because Then You Need Alot More Than Just Skill You Need Practice Practice Practice. A Child Cannot Possibly Learn All The Aspects Of Teaching And New Forms And Moves Along With Remembering All The Old Forms And Moves.

1st Degree BB Isshinryu

1st Degree BB Tae Kwan Do

• 11 months later...

As an instructor I handle it this way. I have 2 ranking systems: 1 for kids and 1 for adults. Under 14 and the student is automatically in the junior system. For those between the ages of 14 and 21, I look at physical maturity, because much of what we do is physical contact, and without any padding or other gear. I've also set another rule..no BB under 17 (and even then it's up to me to decide if they are physically capable of handling the contact require for BB testing).

A good example of this is my instructor's youngest son ... he is 21 and just now testing for his BB .. even tho he held the highest possible junior BB rank and knows more material in the school than even the 2 highest ranking BBs. It's a simple matter that this person is physcially small-framed and until now not physically ready for BB.