• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I need help tying my obi.

BKJ1216

I've tried like 15 diagrams trying to tie my obi, and none of them work it always comes out looking weird. Can someone please like maybe link me to a vidoe maybe?

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
when in doubt,ask your seniors. It is what they are there for.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

Repeat after me:

"I am a beginner. I need help with simple things. In about three months I will be doing the same thing to help new beginners. "

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

I have the center of it on my stomache but I mean I follow everything as instructed, I wind up with a square not, but it looks nothing like what the one in the photo looks like. I can't shake the feeling that the words didn't quite match the picture.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

A square knot is actually what you are supposed to end up with. Are you taking in through both layers around your waist? And when you thread the second tip through the first make sure it goes from the top down.

Instead of having a senior belt tie it for you, ask them to show you how to do it.

When a kid (under 10) needs help tying their belt, I just do it for them, because most of the time, they won't remember how to do it later. I'll do a quick explanation, but just tie it really quick so they can get back to class (I usually end up tying their belts because it fell off during their class).

If a kid over the age of 10 (so I'm including adults :D ) needs help, though, I will take off my own belt, stand next to them, and show them how to do it, step-by-step. I make them do it themselves and they usually learn better that way.

Personally, it took me a month or two to master the art of belt-tying. It takes a little fiddling and pulling in different directions to make the knot nice and flat, and the belt ends nice and even.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.