• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Who's your favourite Boxer?

Yeah, lennox is a generally nice guy, compared to the ear-biting rapist who's * he kicked in a couple of rounds.

I mean u gotta look at the facts, lennox is taller, heavy, longer reach, better boxer (as proved); tyson didnt stand a chance in hell, and he got what he deserved.

Go Lennox!!

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top 5

1. Muhammad Ali

2. Roy Jones Jr.

3. Mike Tyson(Mid to late 1980's)

4. "Sugar" Ray Robinson

5. "Sugar" Ray Leonard

No Man is Invincible. The goal of a fighter is to not be Unbeatable, but Undeniable.

A Master's skill is not shown in how well he controls a fight, but in how well he controls himself.

In reality, the Style does not make the Man, but the Man makes the Style.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
De La Hoya (sp?) is always fun. lennox lewis can demolish anyone in boxing- probably a lot of kick boxers out there as well.

Lewis is a punk! He isnt anything special at all.

I read an article a while ago about Lewis and he said that he ranks himself up there with Ali, Foreman and other big heavyweights. I highly disagree with that. He needs to fight some real fighters and he did (Klitchko sp?) but the fight was stopped due to a cut that he inflicted upon Klitchko while he himself was getting his A$$ kicked royaly!!!!

Another thing about Lewis that I hate is the fact that he is a sellout! He fought on the Canadian Olympic Boxing team and got the gold however he said that he actually won the gold for Jamaica and then he goes over to England and takes up British Citizenship and denying having anything to do with Canada.......him and his fake British accent.....pfft!

ya i dont care much for Lennox either.

He looked good his last fight and then he(at least it appeared so to me) took the easy way out and quit before he got some tough competition...

Maybe hes a victim of no good competitors, but i personally think he was very overrated

L ennox Lewis isn't was he used to be. Other than Klitchko, he hasn't fought a real fight since Holyfield . Tyson did win the gold in Seoul but now he's washed-up pennyless fighter.But he can still draw in the money.

But i would say Jack Demsey. He's the first prizefighter to win 1 million dollar purse.

HEROS ARE NORMAL MEN PUT INTO EXTRAORNARY SITUATIONS

he fought Holyfield after... way after holyfields peak..

Holyfield was lucky to get physical clearance for those fights he has so much brain trauma i would be surprised if he can feed himself now :/

Umm...history lesson..Lennox Lewis won the Gold medal in Seoul, not Tyson. Lewis pummled Reddick Bowe(who consequently ducked Lewis the entire time he was champion) to take home the gold.

Lewis is also a victim of politics and corruption. Lewis dropped Don King as a promoter, and because of the fact that Don King pretty much ran boxing during the Tyson/Holyfield/Bowe era, Lewis was left out in the cold when it came to title fights. He only got his shot at the titles late in his career, and is one of the best "boxing" heavy weights in the division.

I think he retired at the right time, mid to late 30's (37 i think). Have you seen an interview with Holyfield lately?? Perfect example of someone who's fought too many wars for too long.

While Lennox Lewis was an excellent boxer, ending his career at the top, naming himself as one of the greatest is a wee bit boastful. But I'm not gonna tell him that :wink: