• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Who's your favourite Boxer?

Who's your favourite boxer and why?

Mine is Rocky Marciano since he is the only person in the history of gloved boxing never to have lost a fight 49-0, and out of his 49 fights 46 were due to knockout and has the highest knockout percentage of any boxer. He also never clinched like you see modern giants after they get tired, and he never retreated. He had heart and courage as well as a friendly and loving personality out side of the ring. He has also had the smallest reach of any heavyweight boxer which still remains today, which tells you something about the way the man had to box.

Neil

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently like Paul Spadafora. He’s a lightweight and I’ve only seen him box a couple of times, but he seems to play a defensive style very well and I wish I could dodge punches as often as he.

There are so many to choose from. I will stray from the trend of choosing old time greats however, because I did not witness them.

Some of my favourites would have to be Barrera, Jones Jr. , Bajada , and Holyfield. I could write entire posts about why I like each one.

• 2 weeks later...
Lennox Lewis

he showed Tyson how to box and kicked his ass, someonethin i have wanted to see for ages

A shame Tyson was just a shadow of the man he once was!

My favourite is Prince Naseem Hamed. I know he's not an orthodox 'boxer' but Boxings about entertainment and he is an amazingly skilled entertainer.

Bretty