• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Silly question about gis...

BKJ1216

Laughin histerically at what kchnault said

besides that though I had to buy a size 8 (I'm fat) and well I heard someone say earlier a size 7 shows a lot of chest. Well being fat I have the unfortunate case of *cough*excessbagageonthechest*cough* and I"m quite embarassed about it. Would my *coughexcessbagage* show through if I didn't have a T-Shirt?

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

monkeygirl wrote:

There are SO many guys in my class that don't wear it at all, and then get kicked/kneed in the groin...and wonder why it hurts so much. *cough cough* jake *cough cough*

me??? :lol: sorry but i just hate wearing it (really really really really uncomfortable)!!!! i know that i should wear it, and i will for my black belt test, but i wont wear it unless i have to. :wink:

The t-shirt: Check with your Sensei.

The cup: The "boastfully large codpiece" is a permanent part of my Karate attire. I have taken enough shots to the groin that without the cup, I would be a tenor instead of a Baritone by now! :)

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

when I as sempaiing and I wasn't allowed to wear a belt for months my gi would ALWAYS come open it was sooo annoying

it'd be like 'hello world this is my chest'

Eeekkkkk. I remember that with the "wrap around" ones. Specially during self defense, even with a belt, it came open. That's when I started wearing a sports bra or tank top under it (white belt TSD). I was wearing a normal bra, not thinking it would come open and ..... ooooops *blushes*. That's one thing I like about the TKD uniforms. The ones I have to wear are pull-overs. They don't show "skin" except for the sides (waste level, not chest level ;) ).

Laurie F

:spitlaugh: :spitlaugh: :spitlaugh: :spitlaugh: kchenault

Generally wearing a t-shirt under the gi is a matter of personal preference. We have guys who do and guys who don't.

Hey don't worry about a size 8 gi. My first gi was that size too. I have no thryoid function.

I've heard some dojos don't allow their male students to wear T-shirts, so as someone else already said, check that with your Sensei. If you are allowed to, wear it if that's what you feel comfortable with.

I wear a T-shirt under my gi, but it does make you sweat buckets and you feel like your training in a sauna, but I'd rather that than show off my chest to all the guys (my gi has a habit of falling semi-open all the time even though I tie it shut at both sides and have my belt wrapped round it :( )

Maybe one day I'll lose a tonne of weight and be the perfect supermodel figure and then I wont care if I show off my chest! :lol:

I'd definately advise the cup, though. As everyone else has said, its just too easy to get whacked down there. I mean I'm sure you don't want to walk around like John Wayne for the rest of your life. :karate:

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.