• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Now I study Karate, ive never done a throwing art (but want to in the future) could you people help me out and explain to me how to perform some easily executed, but efficent throws, now I dont mind if you go in to detail, in fact that would be good, remember bare in mind I have never done a throwing art before :) .

Thanks in advance

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
wat i think TJS was trying to say is crouch down slightly, then shoot urself forward at them and grab behind both their legs and then lift upwards wif your legs and slam your opponent down

"razor elbows, killer knees, iron fists and monster kicks"

"Nice punch!!!, now let's see how well you punch with a broken arm"

wat i think TJS was trying to say is crouch down slightly, then shoot urself forward at them and grab behind both their legs and then lift upwards wif your legs and slam your opponent down

yes that would be a better way to put it..

I am studying Hontai Yoshin Ryu Jiu-Jitsu...and on of our most basic throws are "hip throws" :) .....you start off by

1.grabing "there" right wrist with your left hand (if your looking at them it would be to your left ).. (wether it be off a block or what not)

2.With you right arm put your inner elbow under "there" left arm pit (if your looking at them it would be to your right)

3.Do a 180 degree turn so that your butt ends up above there crotch (pelvic bone) and bend your knees at the same time

4. Do step 2 & 3 as one motion

5. then just drop them infront of you as hard as you want...

i tryed to explain it as best i can....if you have trouble with this you can email me at sukunai@hotmail.com or just post it here.......i'm only a Yellow belt in JJ but i've done this technique many times over and over...especialy for my grading :karate:

Tamashii Sukunai

Rich_2k3,

If you know Pinan Sandan, the last move in the kata is a great lesson in throwing.

Tamashii,

Just FYO, the correct spelling is "their."

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

Ah ippon seoi nage in pinan snadan. However ther is also ogoshi (hip throw) and tai otoshi (body drop in the same kata) However the most common in kata is the simple yank, when you use age uke to srike the enemies jaw and then twist while pulling him down. Look for de-ashi barai or kouchi gari in naihanchi kata.

Mind, body and fist. Its all a man truly needs.

• 4 weeks later...

How about the hip throw?

Assuming you have one overhook and one underhook on your opponent, this is always easy to achieve when you clinch.

Grab their tricep on the side you have an overhook on and pull their arm down. Step around to the side you have the underhook on, keeping up CLOSE to them so they don't knee you in the groin and slide your arm around their waist. You should end up with their leg in the middle of your two legs. From here, bring your foot that's behind them in front of them and place your hips square in front of their and as close as possible to your opponent, then pull with the grip you have on their tricep and arm around their waist as you flip them over your hips. Extremely mechanically efficient move and should feel effortless doing it.