• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

White belts

wilko9999

Hi

A white walks up to you and starts pushing you around you have not got your belt on, but you are a very high grad what do you do,WHAT DO you do.

L8er Wilko9999 :karate: :up:

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence but this is a rather stupid question which i dont understand much. :-?

If he went to my club then id say hi blah blah blah.

If i didnt know him and he was really big then it really depends on what he tries to do.

Im not a fighter. 8)

http://www.austers.co.uk

One must be like all changes of state.

Solid - Tough and strong!

Liquid - Relaxed and make your techniques flow!

Gas - Fast!

i'd just be like, bet you can't wait until you get a belt that looks as nice as mine. actually i don't know. white belts at my school wouldn't do that. they or any other students don't push people around.

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

That type of behavior has not been tolerated in any school I have ever attended. The offending white belt is quickly spoken to by sensei and if their behavior is not corrected they are told they will not be returning.

I'm not clear on a few questions. Do you think it would matter if they saw your belt? Is the white belt part of your dojo and did this happen there? If they are part of your dojo, what relevance does having your belt on or not (other than it suggests you are perhaps changing) have, as they'd know your rank?

Assuming this is happening in your dojo, you could defend against the pushing with a simple wrist lock, or similar technique and/OR, depending on the rules of your dojo, state there is no sparring without the consent of Sensei or black belt present, and most certainly not outside of class. If they are not part of your dojo and saw you on the street in your gi with no belt, but were wearing theirs, you could point out your dojo doesn't approve of fighting or showing off, while deflecting their pushes. If they don't stop, then do whatever is necessary.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

thats nice and civil...

first of all, negative rivalry like that has no place anywhere, especially inside the dojo. it shouldn't matter weither your a black belt and he's a white belt or your a white belt and he is a black belt... if a fellow student tries to bully you like that, you knock them to the ground and make it clear that their attitude won't be tolerated. unless you have done something to provoke that treatment the other students and your teacher should be on your side of the matter too.

Send him home.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."