• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In search of a teacher

a_modern_production

I just moved to Seattle, WA about 8 months ago, and have been recovering from a long term injury... During my recovery I have spent my time visiting dojos throughout the Seattle area, but havn't had many positive experiences. I was hoping that someone on this forum might have a good recomendation for a karate school. At this time I am very interested in studying shito-ryu and or shorinryu, so any recomendations that fit these schools are even better... thanks.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Minakami? :)

I practised shito-ryu in Sweden, at Minakami Karate Dojo. That's the swedish MKD. I know there's one in America too. And I remember my swedish Sensei really liked Minakami Karate Dojo in America. :)

Kill is love

actually it's funny that you both mention minakami... i have visited his dojo in lake city where he teaches, and it has been one of the very few dojo's in seattle to have impressed me... once i am fully recovered from my injury i will most likely attend there.

a_modern_production,

that is a wise choice...he knows what he is doing and goes out of his way to learn more from people who can teach him new things, etc. He also (i believe) is the only person to have been a national champion in the USA in every weight class in AAU in fighting and kata....(you may want to check me on that). He is also a nice person. If you need any help or have questions, let me know....I will see what I can do.

Thanks for the reply Brickman, I can only guess that you are a close aquantaince of sensei minakami or that you train with him [hopefully those two go together]... If I am right then any relevant info that is not posted in a brochure or website you could offer would be appreciated, if you don't feel comfortable posting it for everyone else to see feel free to msg me on aim if you have it.. my name is leHassle

• 1 month later...