• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm a bit confused. I know for these modern wushu competitions you do the compulsory forms and modern stuff that some governing body has made into the sport (nanquan, changquan, etc.) So does this mean that those of us doing some sort of traditional wushu, like hung gar or something, have no place at these sorts of competitions? I mean, let's say I show up and do some Shaolin form. They won't know how to judge it, right? Even if it has a bunch of typical modern wushu moves in it (jump inside kick, butteryfly, etc.)?

Sorry if I'm rambling. I'm really not sure how to construct this question properly. I guess I'm worried about whether or not my school is actually preparing me well for competitions if I ever want to do them.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Wushu judges are very well versed in the traditional shaolin forms. However being that we are in the modern age. Many judges like origionaltiy. Though if you come to a competiotion with a traditional form then you had better not mess up at all because when you do then they will know. If you do a new form then they will not know wether or not you have messed up completly or not.

"We work with being, but non-being is what we use" Tao Te Ching

Wushu competitions in Singapore have both category, Trad and Complusory.

For international wushu comp, you have no choice but to follow the IWUF rules and regulations.

But I believe most local comp will have a trad event for those practising trad art, yar :P