• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ambition

Well my martial arts ambition is just to keep on training, and maybe go to Japan one day to train (if I could ever afford it).

But as for life in general...I'm hoping to leave Uni and fall into a decent job (considering I'm studying archaeology at Uni, this might never happen, but I can dream :lol: ), and I'm seriously considering pursuing ministry in one way or other later on in life. I was actually going to try and train for the ministry straight after leaving school, but decided on studying archaeology instead and giving myself some more time to grow spiritually before I devote my life to a career like that.

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't decided yet. I was promoted at work last year, and I find every time I devote time to improving my career (courses, etc), it takes away from martial arts and I end up not training for a few years. :(

If I ever teach martial arts it will be in addition to my full time job, so I don't have to depend on the income and can set high standards and stick to them. It won't be for about 10 years or so anyway..I can't/won't open a dojo in my city while my Sensei is teaching .

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

I hope to win some Shootfighting competition, for example being Norway's best in my weightclass :)

(Yeah I know, dream on Anzie :( )

Grappling enthusiast!

Shootfighting as well.

---To get my TKD blackbelt. Testing in the fall.

---To train jiu-jitsu in Rio de Janeiro.

---To compete in the Pan Ams one day in jiu-jitsu.

---To successfully start a martial arts class for the mentally handicapped.

---To be happy in whatever I do.

---To NEVER get my butt kicked by my brothers :P

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

To get my own animated series made in Japan, and while I'm there, to train with Hatsumi Sensei at his Bujinkan Dojo.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Just to get my black belt :) I want to earn it, though. I been in three schools and never reached that point. I want it to "mean somthing." I just don't want to hold the rank. I have been busting my a$$ for three years. I want it to be "right." If I feel I'm not ready, I won't test, but I need to get to that point once in my life.

Laurie F

yeh, ambition is one positive factor of the martial arts, because without ambition, one can never reach the desired targets. thats why one needs to be ambitious in order to suceed in their aims. for example if one has ambition for martial arts events then he will be the better directed person.

martial artists who lack ambition will never get things done properly and or how they planned it to be. ambition also increases ones willingness to further learn and practice martial arts and one will also be maintained in the right directions.

Ore wa saiko ni naru! Wahahahahaha!

Um, aside from that Japanese anime cheesiness, I plan to one day open my own school and spread karate as best I can. Um, first I have to get really really good though....

My other, non-karate related ambition is to hopefully get into OSI after I graduate (sort of like FBI for the US Air Force) and help ensure peace at home for our servicemen.

Kind of idealistic, but I have a strong sense of justice...

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

To partipate in those tyte ass tournaments!

K-1

San Shou

And I donno about Pride and UFC, maybe after I find a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu dojo to train a hell lot in, considering that I seriously lack skill in grappling.

And maybe do some computer work on the side, no need to go into details, don't wanna bore anybody :)

I wanna go to thailand but not just for muay thai altho that would be really good. I would also like to become a bouncer or bodyguard.

I'd quote bruce lee but to me he's just another person who got lucky