• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yup... another 'help me decide' thread... (long)

On Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays I would take the shuttle from Campus downtown to the Metro station, where I would take the metro to catch a bus, to take me to the Dojo. It was an hour trip. After class I would repeat the trip, getting off the subway downtown and waiting 45minutes to an hour for a bus from downtown Baltimore to home. I would get home around 11:30 p.m. and get up at 5:30 to make it into an 8:00 a.m. class.

I guess it all depends on one's priorities.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Yeah.. I know alot of people will drive conciderable distances to get a good dojo... but it's actually more than I want to drive personally... especially since I'm up early in the morning and the classes are in the evening, I'd get home right around bed time.

I'm going to a free trial class tonight at the Kempo/Jujitsu dojo tonight. Come to find out, they will be starting Goju Ryu soon too.

That sounds cool. A dojo/dojang that teaches several arts .... Sweet :D I just hope it doesn't cost alot :( Good luck, anyways :)

Laurie F

Welp.. I signed up and have already had 3 kempo classes. :)

It's actually not too expensive.. especially with their introductory price... $99 for 3 months, including ghi/belt and workbook. It's $65 per month there after (no contract). It's then $20 more per month to cross train in the two jujitsu classes per week. (Though they do blend some jujitsu in the kempo classes).

I'll probably end up doing 3 kempo classes and the 2 jujitsu classes per week. (jujitsu immediate follows kempo on two nights, the third kempo I'll just fit in where/when ever I can.)

It's been really fun so far. :)

It sounds like a good deal. You can't get hurt (pardon the pun) at $99 for 3 months. Good luck! Keep us posted.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.