Ghost

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A knife hand strike to the back of the neck, if applied properly, and at the correct angle, may cause damage to the cervical vertebrae, but it is more likely to just annoy someone. The same with the fabled "nose bone (which doesn't exist, by the way, the nose being made up of mostly cartilaginous tissue with only the first 1-1.5 centimeter being bone)" strike, It may cause blured vision and a a nose bleed, but many people simply fight through it.

More effective target areas are the throat, to crush the thyroid cartialge, which brings about death via hypoxia; the side of he neck, stimulating the vagus nerve via striking the carotid sinus, which can lead to unconsciousness via rapid drop in blood pressure; the base of the skull, whic can lead to fractures of the occiputal skull, haemmorage, or disruption of the spinal cord where it enters the foramen magnum; The zygomatic arches, which may break, and lead to further orbital fractures, which may in turn lead to damage to the optic nerve; The area just above the pubic bone which may lead to rupture of a full baldder, causing intense pain and, if untreated, death via sepsis; The pubic syphysis, which if separated makes locomotion difficult, to say the least.

these are some suggestions.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

I doubt it would cause death because it would have to be very powerful.

Bit of a joke really just because everyone says it will work but no one has tried it.

Not a good idea.

Thats the kind of nonsence i was after.

I heard doctors sometimes throw you down stairs if your dead to ressurect you.

God knows if thats true but these are all tales.

I think if they did that it gets the heart pumping

I heard it

http://www.austers.co.uk

One must be like all changes of state.

Solid - Tough and strong!

Liquid - Relaxed and make your techniques flow!

Gas - Fast!

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, but this topic caught my eye.

For those skeptical about these sorts of things, I reccommend doing some research. Please read the whole message before assuming things...There is something that is called "meridian theory" which in simple terms, is how the Chinese interpreted the human nervous system, which is in effect, like a giant switchboard with electric current.

There are some good books out there by George Dillman. I have some of his videos and have read Kyusho-Jitsu: The Dillman Method of Pressure Point Fighting. To be honest, some of his books' contents are repetitive and you only need to read one of them to learn a lot about the subject.

I also reccomend the translation of The Bubishi by Alexander, which I have also read.

Two things to keep in mind here. The first, as already mentioned in a previous post, medical technology was not advanced, so "delayed death touches" were most likely the results of blood clots or various ruptures within the body that were untreated. Secondly, those training for these techniques also worked diligently to toughen their striking surfaces, such as fingers, etc., just like you might see in cheesy kung fu movies today. There attacks were thus more effective.

One last note, I have had the distinct pleasure of being a testing dummy for some of my instructor's techniques, and there are a surprising number of techniques you can learn, such as how to send opposing nerve impulses within the body to "crash" into each other and shut the body down. This is related to the mystical "death touch" but must obviously be done with force (although maybe not as much as you would expect) and usually require more than one strike. As one who has passed out from these such techniques before, believe me, they do work. Also NEVER try to experiment with these in the absence of a qualified instructor. The last thing you want to do is shut off the blood flow to your friend's brain and kill him.

On that note, have a nice day.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

" the last thing you want to do is shut off the blood flow to your friends brain and kill him"

That depends, has he a cute girlfiend?

:D

Hey Shorin Ryuu. I would introduce yourself in the Introduction section, let everyone know you. Also, Dragon. I don't know for sure but I very much doubt Doctors through you downstairs to CURE you. More likely mad doctors throw you downstairs to KILL you. ;)

Apparently if you perform a palm strike into the bottom of someones nose breaking it and making the bone snap up then the bone goes into the brain and kills you. Dunno if it works though...

Everybodies Going Kung Fu Fighting! Yah Hoocha! LMAO

Apparently if you perform a palm strike into the bottom of someones nose breaking it and making the bone snap up then the bone goes into the brain and kills you. Dunno if it works though...

This is a myth. There is about 3 cm. of bony tissue between the nasal prominence and the brain tissue that would have to be penetrated. I cannot overemphasize the importance of a basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology for the serious Karateka! :evil:

Hi all

Well back to another topic/thread, that seems to have interseted some people.

My first question is why would anyone that is a MA even consider, discusing death blows or killing techniques outside of the dojo or even less for that matter wish to know how to apply them..

We all know as Martial Artists that, we do not study the arts to be able to kill some one, we study the arts to better ourselves internally and externally and for some people it might be as sport or as self defense, BUT NEVER TO KILL :(

Yes, i understand that some people are curious about such things but, we have to remeber that, if you only want to learn how to hurt some one please go else were other than a dojo, because your spirit's intentions will be known.

We all take for granted (even myself some times) that we are studying something that is thousdans (spelled it wrong sorry) of years old that was developed for self defense never to kill. The only time any one has killed some one, has been as a last resort nothing more, nothing less.

Secondly and lastly, what type of martial spirit do we show when all some can do is talk about killing some one or wanting to know how to hurt some one. Be very wise in what you say in these forums because you dont know who is watching and taking notes for their own purposes. That is why these type's of things are better left in the dojo where they belong.

Besides, you never know some might be watching this and asking themselves what type of people are they if all they can do is talk about killing people.

Just wondering if that crossed anyones mind thats all! :idea:

Thats it... I'm done.

Spirit

"Believing in the martial spirit"

Japanese Goju-ryu Karate-Ka

Tai chi Chaun

Kobudo