• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

5 hrs training????????????

tenkamusou

i was doing my MA readin this mornin and I was readin stuff bout jet li... he said somethin like this: "If ya wanna be top fighter you must train about 5 or 6 hours a day..." and I was like "WUT??" and I saw some documentary on Jackie Chan, and he said that we'd do 5.000 punches, and 5.000 kicks!

I was wonderin if ya guys agree if that could/should be applied in karate?

i mean... isn't that too much?

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it could be applied, but personally, i wouldn't do it. 5 to 6 hours a day is a lot. i mean, you would have to train on your own a lot unless your school(dojo) was open that much a day. so, if you want to be a top fighter and think that would help, then you will have to dedicate a lot of effort and time.

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

I guess it depends on how much time you want to put into it. On average, people just don't have that much time to devote to training and alot more efficient ways to train effectively are available. Although, alot of time can be consumed if you train to get good at all the aspects of an martial art or several arts. I'd try and figure how much time you have available, how much you want to devote and divide that by the amount of days you train in a week, then see what you can fit into that amount of time. I doubt it ends up being 5-6 hours a day and 10,000 kicks and punches!! :o

PEAT-MOSS

I used to do weights for 4 hours a day or so. Not every day though; it was more like 4-5 days a week.

I know that quite a few professional musicians practice up to 12 hours a day too, so 5 hours of MA doesn't sound impossible, just very advanced.

if i could, i would train 10 hours a day! id train till i past out from exhaustian! i want to be a top fighter, no, wait, i will be a top fighter. i hope that someday i can devote that much time to martial arts. i dont formally train more than an hour a day at home, and then of course two hours at the dojo learning new stuff once or twice a week. but in the period of the day i do stand in front of the mirror and do little quick practicies of techniques im having trouble with and stuff.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

I dunno.. i don't think that 5-6hrs it's good for karate.. i mean, i'm not sure, but in wushu they have much more acrobacies ( am I writin it right?),

maybe that's why they have that much hours of training

I went to watch a Kyokushin practice, here in Brasil were the best guys practice ( Feitosa and Filho, and Isobe ) they spend about 2hrs of training, training once in the morning, in the afternoon, and at night...

I guess this way I could do it... and it could be nice... but 5-6 hours straight... i dunno...

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...

Well break it down into say 2 hrs mouring and 2 hrs at night. That is 4 and is real commong place. Being Jet Li or Jackie Chan and your incom means you have to look good on film I would say that is nothing. Now being the avg. joe like me and you who has to work or go to school all day its a bit differant.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."