• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

black belts

I believe it was one of the Gracies (Royce?) the summed it up nicely,

" A belt only covers 2" of your @ss, the rest is up to you!!! ":lol:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said in another thread, 80% of being a black belt is mental, not physical. The way you are describing their "mental attitude" is bad. They should have never gotten their BB's with that attitude.

Laurie F

Like I said in another thread, 80% of being a black belt is mental, not physical. The way you are describing their "mental attitude" is bad. They should have never gotten their BB's with that attitude.

Unfortunately, they may be suffering from what I tend to call "latent BB syndrome."

I see a lot of black belts that are new that still have the respect and honor that they were taught as color belts. Then, they get a few tournaments where they place/win, a few friends that are black belts, and they start reinforcing with each other how "bad" they are.

Then, they start to feel that anyone that doesn't have a black belt isn't worth their time, so they start asking everyone "What belt are you?" to see if you measure up to their perceived level of worthiness. I see it a lot in late teen/early 20's black belts. Women as much as men, surprisingly.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

I dont respect any martial artist.I dont care what kyu or dan they are.If you can kick my *,i'll respect you.

Ive been respecting a lot of people lately :P

That sums things up nicely. :D Possibly the shortes post of the day, but without a doubt the most succinct. :-)

-V-

More than 200 pictures of Kyokushin technique.

Kata outlined step by step.

https://www.kyokushinbudokai.org (Homepage)

Diary of a Full Contact Martial Artist (Diary)