Family Martial Arts

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, just me. My dad was a wrestler in school if that counts, plus whatever military combat training he went through.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

My father was a master in hop gar and white crane then received his fifth degree in kajukenbo when he brought it to canada, my sister does choylayfut and im carring on the tradition with kajukenbo and i study other MA aswell.

"Sweat more in the dojo,bleed less in the street"Kajukenbo fighters axiom.

Well,

My brother use to take Shotokan and my step dad use to take Karate. But now, only me and my brother take Karate. We go to Tiger Schulmann's Karate. :karate:

"Osu!"

I'm the only one. I managed to drag my dad along to a few karate class and he watched every Aikido class I went to (a grandtotal of 3, I think), but he isn't a martial arts man I'm afraid.

My mum and sister wouldn't touch the stuff. I like it when they take an interest in it though. I was so chuffed today 'cause we were doing kata in class (Heian Yondan). I totally can't do most of this kata, but I was trying and I looked up and saw my mum was there to pick me up (this was about 15 minutes to the end of class). Anyway, I'd kept kata-ing away and looked up to watch my dad walk into the hall. I like knowing their watching and I just hope that they'll become hooked too, but it got even better when I looked up to see my big sister and her boyfriend had came in too. It really made me try harder so I could impress them.

I found that when I'd went to Aikido too, I'd worked harder because my dad was there watching and I wanted to impress him, and my karate came on quite a bit when my dad used to hold focus pads for me and let me practice my kicks on them. I try harder because I want to get praise off my family more than I want it off my instructors. If only they'd come along to classes, I'm pretty sure my karate would come on leaps and bounds. :roll:

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.