• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Family Martial Arts

My Dad used to do TKD years ago, but he injured his shoulder and was unable to continue, plus there was me and my three sisters coming along and taking away all his time :D . He's still really good though, that's how I got into it. Now my Dad and my stepmom both do Tai Chi, Sword Tai Chi, and fencing. My Mom and stepdad aren't interested. One of my sisters is a "princess" and wouldn't touch the stuff, another is handicapped and can't, but my third sister is very athletic, and also very agressive, so I think she would be good, I'm gonna see if I can get her to try it.

Might as well take my advice--I don't use it anymore.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, my youngest progressed on to 2nd Blue and unfortunately suffered the same fate as my older son at his age ---- FOOTBALL.

They can only use that excuse about 3 months out of the year, right?? They can't just maintain their knowledge through FB season, and get back to learning in between seasons?? :(

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

well, my youngest progressed on to 2nd Blue and unfortunately suffered the same fate as my older son at his age ---- FOOTBALL.

football is so over-rated in young people, if only your son stuck with it. well you never know he might get back into it.

i am the only person in my family that trains, although my bro did kung fu and kickboxing for a while

My Dad used to do TKD years ago, but he injured his shoulder and was unable to continue, plus there was me and my three sisters coming along and taking away all his time :D . He's still really good though, that's how I got into it. Now my Dad and my stepmom both do Tai Chi, Sword Tai Chi, and fencing. My Mom and stepdad aren't interested. One of my sisters is a "princess" and wouldn't touch the stuff, another is handicapped and can't, but my third sister is very athletic, and also very agressive, so I think she would be good, I'm gonna see if I can get her to try it.

Maestro not to be intrusive but it might be possible to find something in the martial arts area that your handicapped sister will be able to do.

Everyone in my family does Martial Arts.We homeschooled so the kids spent most of their time at the dojang taking classes and/or teaching. We picked TKD for the kids because of the program and the difficulty we were having teaching our own kids karate. I decided to join in order to enhance my karate skills(especially sparring :wink: ). We were all hooked fairly quickly!! Three of the 4 kids are black belts (one is a 2nd degree), the youngest (11)is a brown belt. :karate:

My hubby is a Shodan in Shotokan and a Professor of Jujitsu.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

I thought I posted in this thread before. Guess not ...... Anyways, when I did Tang Soo Do, I trained alone. My parents supported me, but didn't train. My sister and brother came to my classes before. My sister almost joined to do kickboxing end of it, but chickened out. It was hard not having someone in the family to practice with, so I trained 4 to 5 days a week. My honey used to watch me in class. He was envious, because he wanted to do it, too. So when we moved to NY, we hunted for a dojang. We both train together now in TKD, and workout a lot at home. I do Judo alone.

Laurie F

'm the only in my family. My boyfriend is not interested in MA and I try to respect that (you can't force somebody to love the things you live for. I've learnt this lesson years ago).

When I'll have kids I hope they'll become martial artists. If they would like so. If not ... it's their life :karate:

Training in karate is sometimes so rough that it takes real passion to go through all the bad days ... when you hate the stuff ... it's a tragedy :karate:

• 1 month later...
I started in the Martial Arts because my friend's dad taught him while growing up and I wanted to learn also. Then my cousin started, then my brother. I met my girlfriend at the dojo (her dad participates in the Cardio Kickboxing) and I'm slowing warping her mind so she'll start as well....