• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Family Martial Arts

I was just wondering if you were the only one in your family that trains or do your spouses, parents or your children also do martial arts.

The reason I ask is that my older son got me into all this and then quit and I kept going. I regret that I did not start a little younger.

My daughter is a black belt also and my littlest son is now a purple belt in TKD. My husband takes the fitness kickboxing to just work out...the family that kicks together ...sticks together!

:karate: :up:

Deby

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife isn't interested in training at all. I think that she just doen't like to sweat and work hard. If and when we have kids, I'll hope that they are interested.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

My 5 year old also kickboxes - she's so damned cute in her sparring gear. She's definately her mama's girl :grin:. My husband isn't interested at all, even though everyone at the school, including myself has tried!!!! Oh well - it's not for everyone!

Lori :wave:

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

I am the only one in my family who is physically active. I also take my Karate not only on a fitness or sport level, but at a life level. I try to incorporate the ethics taught to me in Karate and apply them to my daily life.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

thats really cool. my parents dont like me training, cuz my mom is always driving.

SHORTDOG

In the road of life there are many paths. If you don't know where you are going, any one will take you there.

join me in my quest to aquire knowledge of all martial arts of the world at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worldofmartialarts

or email

im the only one in the family who trains

my parents and my sister dont really care much about my training........at the same time i think its good because that means that they dont wanna come to the club and see me train or see me fight a bout which puts alot of pressure on me.......i guess u could call me a loner

You can boo me if you want, You know I'm right!

-Chris Rock

You and me both. I hate having family around when I do Karate. It makes me nervous and that's when I make mistakes or I get injured.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

I'm the only one. My parents didn't really want me to do MAs but once I got to college there wasn't really anything they could do about it. Now they support me but I don't think they really "get it".

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare