Chi - Wat is it?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alrighty, well thanks for clearing that up :D always good to get those misconseptions outta the way :nod: hey, am i the only one who loves these little emoticon things :-?

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

battousai- Don't follow this website or anything on it. I also wouldn't recommend you follow a book either. They are both great resources however for you to compare and contrast what your teacher says if you have one. Also you shouldn't believe anything until you can do it or someone you 100% trust can do it, like a teacher. There is a lot of good stuff in Star Wars, DBZ etc. If you are mature enough to look past the fact that it is a cartoon and sometimes it's stupid, but a lot of the concepts with toned down into real life make a lot of sense. Star Wars for instance is very much the same as Ki. But if you can't see past your nose, have a closed mind, trust only your 1 months worth of experience under one teacher, then yes a lot of things won't make sense or seem far out there.

But keep looking and eventually if there's anything worth learning you'll get it. It's like those good movies that you've seen many times but the 8th

or 25th time you see it something else or new clicks and you understand more. This is why countless people devote their lives to these things because they are endless and there is no definition or answer.

"It's quite interesting..."

well, as far as ki goes, i seem to share the same philosophy as martial girl. i believe people can do neat things, but i dunno how much that has to do with ki; going back to granmasterchen and his air currents and angles and his page turning and stuff (that's really cool, by the way). that's why i read these threads on ki, but rarely participate. i'm interested and would like to know more, but i really don't know enough to make a good opinion. i forget where i was going with this, so i'll leave it here :lol:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

battousai- Don't follow this website or anything on it. I also wouldn't recommend you follow a book either. They are both great resources however for you to compare and contrast what your teacher says if you have one. Also you shouldn't believe anything until you can do it or someone you 100% trust can do it, like a teacher.

1. This advice is self-defeating. If one were to take it, then onw would not listen to anything on this site... for example, one would not liten to you telling one not to listen.

2. Many of us are teachers; andmost books are written by instructors as well.

That said, I would never rely on a single source for such information; and I don't recommend such a reliance to anyone else.

There is a lot of good stuff in Star Wars, DBZ etc. If you are mature enough to look past the fact that it is a cartoon and sometimes it's stupid, but a lot of the concepts with toned down into real life make a lot of sense.

I hope for humanity's sake you are just trolling.

Star Wars for instance is very much the same as Ki.

Ki is a movie by George Lucas?

But if you can't see past your nose, have a closed mind, trust only your 1 months worth of experience under one teacher, then yes a lot of things won't make sense or seem far out there.

[sarcasm]Oh yea, we should be trusting medichlorians and an Anime show[/sarcasm]

gosh mr. love, that was fairly spiteful! :o though in all fairness, i think that's the first time i've litterally burst out laughing on this forum :lol:

Chi is your breath.

Oxygen is what we need to survive. Oxygen is carried through our whole body. Oxygen gives you energy. Ever hear of Blood doping. Athletes having more blood then there supposed to also having more cells to carry the oxygen. So they perform better. Chi is simply inhaling and exhaling.

That is the scientific point of view. I mean no disrespect to those who have religious beliefs on chi. Nor do I want to change those beliefs.

Very true friend however my interpretation of chi and what i was taught down from the yang blood line is that chi is universal energy, no i don't kno why i was told to shut up......an admin should take measures against that, karateforum is for open minded ppl...ne ways like i was saying is everybody is pretty much right on the subject its just we have secluded ourselfs from the totality of what chi is.....its universal its everywhere, its not just breath its not just oxygen of molecules its pertty much everything, now speaking in a metaphysical sense its like magical or in a scientific sense its bioelectric impulses so you see no matter the point of view it comes down to same thing chi/ki is all around us....wether its ur breath or the water u swin in that is what chi is...... in essence we must all find out what chi is on our own.....good luck :wink:

"Sweat more in the dojo,bleed less in the street"Kajukenbo fighters axiom.