Chi - Wat is it?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the point of Tai Chi, is learning how to find and use your Chi and Tai Chi is an art to keep your body hale and heal others, old masters used to do that, but they are very few nowadays. Tai Chi is a martial art only for people who are so called, fighters. And Tai Chi is an healing art for people who knows what the duty and the true path of martial arts are.

Kill is love

We can't say, that Tai Chi is only a healing art, not a martial art and we cannot say that Tai Chi is a martial art and not a healing art at all. It is both - a healing art and a martial, which make this style a TRUE martial art. Tai Chi is the oldest martial art of all martial arts and it is the most powerful art actually. It is an ancient martial art.

Kill is love

We can't say, that Tai Chi is only a healing art, not a martial art and we cannot say that Tai Chi is a martial art and not a healing art at all. It is both - a healing art and a martial, which make this style a TRUE martial art. Tai Chi is the oldest martial art of all martial arts and it is the most powerful art actually. It is an ancient martial art.

1. Tai Chi was designed as a martial art. Its healing aspects are side effects which have become very popular in recent times.

2. Tai Chi is old, but not ancient. Its roots can be traced back about 800 years. Shaolin kungfu and Indonesian Silat has been around for nearly 2000, and even older forms of fighting have existed (though less sophisticated as those 2).

3. Tai Chi is powerful in the right hands, but what makes it the most powerful art? What criteria do you use to judge that?

I agree with epachin martial does essentially mean military, ma's was formed unfortunately on the strict basis of violence, like you said in recent yrs the health benefits have been more forthcomming. WHen i practice a form from the yang style under yang zhen duo( not directly my friend teaches me lol) the movements are those of a fighting orientation. And in the regards of chi yes scientifically it is bioelectric pulses or signals however over the yrs that modern medicine has been studying what the chinese call chi, they have found some mysterious things. Yes science is a large part of our evolution but what happened to our minds? Is numbers and raw facts the basis of everything these days..... Scientifically explain to me a man that can fry a fish on fire with his bare hands....come to note the show it was broadcast on was a show to scientifically prove or disprove the real effects of chi. Now i too am not a big big beleiver in the metaphysical world but i know its there and with that knowlege im sure we can harness its power but for now i kno we are not ready for the human kind is too selfish for power( know imagine a world with men no longer having to ability to destroy buoldings of towns but with the ability to destroy nations and far worse worlds....IMO

"Sweat more in the dojo,bleed less in the street"Kajukenbo fighters axiom.

hmmm... perhaps fight wasn't the right word... :-? ? ach, i can't think of a better one, i just woke up :D

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Martial Girl is right. So Epanchin and Kaju_influnced, shut up if you don't get it what she tries to say.

Oh, what a convincing argument.

I don't even see what the huge disagreement is about. Martial Girl said that Tai Chi is the oldest of all martial arts and I claimed that all evidence points to its founding around 800 years ago. Shaolin arts and Pentjak Silat arts have been around for nearly 2000 years. Last I checked, 2000 is greater than 800. Aside from that, I simply asked a few questions that Martial Girl never answered.

So what exactly am I so wrong about?

:lol: :lol: :lol: i don't think you were ever called wrong, you were just told to shut up :lol: :lol: :lol: and actually, i read somewhere, and was thus under the impression, that tai chi was in fact the first martial art, older than 800 years, but, in your defense, i'm far from a subject on any of this, and i already took the book back to the library :P

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai