• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

College Students?

I'm a college student and I just came home for the summer. I only have three months to train then I have to go back to school. I'm going to continue there but I was wondering what the rest of you college students do. You probably have a regular dojo at school but then do you just pick one for the summer and train there until you go back?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I'm lucky I guess my Dojo at school is open during the summer and its only 15 munites from my house.

Kendo is like starwars and everyone gets to be Darth Vader.

"Luke, I am your sensei"

We have college kids at my dojang. Some are there year round. But some go away and come back during the summer. One kid goes away to college (which he trains there also in TKD), then he comes back and trains with us for the summer.

Laurie F

I studied Shotokan at home and other styles in college. Shotokan is my roots and what I train and teach but I used my college years to go arround to differant dojos and see what other styles and teachers did.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Back in the day...............when I was in college, fortunately for me, I didn't get to go home for the summer especially when home was several thousand miles away :brow: . Plus having my instructor as a roommate made for me constantly training :D .

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

The college club I belonged to had it's main school not to far from my home so I went there durring breaks.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

We have a couple of styles at my college, and I do Shorin Ryu there. Unfortunately, my instructor has to move next month :( ...I'm probably going to have to do some individual training for a while...

My summer break is only three weeks long, and then the other 6 weeks I'm off doing various summer programs (In case you haven't guessed, I go to a military college).

During this time, I just do individual training, whether it is basics or advanced stuff. Sometimes it is good to just further solidify what you have as well.

Good luck with everything!

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/