• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i like kickboxing!Its really fun and same with karati but my favourtive one is kickboxing and i am in blue belt!!

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

HI all

I chose Karate because I wanted to do something traditional, and not focus on the fighting aspects.

When I decide that I want to become a fighter, I'll start doing kickboxing (or even better, Muay Thai).

However, I dont wanna be a fighter, so I guess the time may never come.

C ya

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

Hi everyone! just to indulge my pet peeve, the word "martial" of martial art comes from the word "mars" which is derived from the beleif that mars is the god of war. thus, in the official definition of "Martial art", one can include any kind of fighting... learning large-scale military leadership &strategy is a martial art. Kickboxing is most definitely a martial art, as is ANY fighting style. (if you ask me)

:lol:

---------------------------------------------

"Neo, you must learn to do the opposite of not un-anti non-learning your training."

"what? -ow! that hurts!"

"you have learned your first lesson."

Martial = combative.

Martial Arts = Combat Arts... It doesn't matter whether u do kata or tan jon breathing or any of that crap. Anything that teaches you to fight is a martial (ths combative) art.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Karate and kickboxing are both as equally good as eachother, I tried kickboxing for about 5 months, i got quite stong at kicks and jumping kicks, but you have to be light on your feet, which i was but am not so now!! lol. anyway point: they are both very good ways of, well whatever it is they are good for, they both build strength and stamina.

kickboxing is about fighting and karate is, well its everything really. I've stuck with karate for 9 months now, and hope to someday be a blackbelt, but you have to be into the arts to enjoy them.

so both are equally good.

if anyone can make ANY sense out of what i just wrote please tell me, coz i cant!!!

Oh well

love Ang :angel:

Angela Winter

orange belt, shotokan karate

Karate International Black Belt Schools UK

NEVER BE INTIMIDATED, NEVER GIVE UP NEVER BE DEFEATED.

you are what you are.

That makes sense Angie...glad you want to stick with karate. I gotta say the idea of karate sounds better than kickboxing, but that's probably just a case of "the grass being greener" because when I did karate I really wanted to do kickboxing and thought that was superior.

So, um..everyone's right.

Kickboxing is the one i do because i like full contact and lots sparring, even though me and my friends spar without saftey equpiment, so i have to cut down on powerful kicks. (or attempt to)

My style is a mixture of mainly kickboxing and anything else.

Sutton_uk

• 2 months later...

Back to the orignal subject. Karate is good if you want to practice the more artsy side of it with the kata and keep the traditional side of martial arts without hurting yourself.

Kickboxing, I compete in full contact sometimes, kickboxing is if you would like to be a more well rouded fighter but without some of the tradtional aspects of the martial arts