• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dating, the idea of a non combatant.

I was wondering. I am not a martial artist. What do ladies of the ring look for in terms of dates/partners. I think I have a nice idea on how to treat a fighting lady on a date, but I dont know if I can actually work it. I wonder if not being a fighter is a turn on or not?

"Not all the best people can be found in the ring"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

As usual...it depends.

She will either be hardened by training with men and any sensitivity shown by you will be perceived as weak and undesirable to her. OR she may be tired of guys that she perceives to be blockheaded fighters and will respond positively to some intelligent sensitivity that she feels she has been missing out on. Flip a coin.

You never really know...even if you get the opinions of female martial artists that hang out in this forum, they will only be giving you their opinion, which may or may not be the same as that of the female fighter you are going to date. Although I am the first to say that it is nearly impossible to predict what a woman will want, I can also tell you there is something I know for sure: Women are not stupid, and rarely are they naïve enough to not know when someone is trying to "work it". So the best advice I could give is for you to treat her the same way you would treat any other woman and be yourself.

GreenDragon

G r e e n D r a g o n

FOR THE ABSOLUTE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS...AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE: https://www.trueprotein.com

For an even lower price, use this discount code: CRA857

Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior. - Carl von Clausewitz

As usual...it depends.

Women are not stupid, and rarely are they naïve enough to not know when someone is trying to "work it". So the best advice I could give is for you to treat her the same way you would treat any other woman and be yourself.

GreenDragon

Here, here! Agreed. If there is one thing I hate, it is being stereotyped. "Oh you do martial arts so you must be....(pick): strong, fit, athletic, tough, crazy, a feminist, flexible :brow:,...":roll:

My ex-husband eventually started jui jitsu, and I had fun going through all his syllabus with him up to blue belt, taking turns being uke, and grappling with him (it helps grappling a 200 lb+ guy when you're put back with the under 130lb women:D), but my present husband doesn't do martial arts at all (except for horsing around with me) and that's cool too.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

mtheiss,

Men will never be able fathom the workings of a women’s mind be they martial artists or not. They are all individual, therefore I would suggest you just wing it, and try not to upset them. :)

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

dude her martial arts is only a part of her

"sweat is the essential element. The sea in which the martial artists are born and through which they swim"