• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Confideantial

I guess it depends on the shirt. The ones from our dojo ahve the Kanji for "Seibukan Shorin Ryu Karate Do" on the left breast, and that is it. At the university club in Maryland, we had our club logo on the left breast,and the Hangul for Tae Kwon Do on the back. Once again, very low key.

Having said that, I would NEVER wear anything to a nightclub/bar, etc.. that showed my affiliation with Karate. That is asking for trouble!

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, nothing really offensive that would state " I'll whoop your ass" or anything. I have a t-shirt with the symbol of my dojang on the back of it/ and an aikido t-shirt with a small graphic on the back of a man throwing an opponent. I usually wear them under my gi. Every once in a while I'll wear it to places like best buy, the mall, or a supermarket which are family environments. I see it just like any other Nike t-shirt that might have a swoosh on the front and a basketball on the back thats in my closet. I understand the responsibility and humbleness that a martial artist must carry. I don't walk around with a cocky attitude and look for trouble, and im far from being a showoff. I guess I might be a little nieve about the implications of wearing my t-shirts in public, and how people perceive me. Thanks for your opinions guys...I never thought of it that way.

https://www.kimsookarate.com

Krav-Maga, Tai Chi Chu an, Karate, Aikido, Hapkido, Taekwon Do, Judo

i guess, but once again, i wear my old gi tops as over shirts all the time and have yet to encounter any trouble because of it. i dunno, maybe it's just the people who live around here...

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai