• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Does size matter?

By making them angry you're also increasing their adrenaline and will to fight. I also doubt the ability to move around and retreat safely in a street or bar enviornment.

We teach to give the person an adrenaline rush by b*tch-slapping them or kicking them then taking a step backwards and yelling "Back Off". This will give your opponent an adrenaline rush and by creating distance between you and your opponent you've removed the immediate danger to them. People's instincts are very powerful and the base human instinct is to flee danger. People will only fight if they're "cornered" e.g. you're a danger and in their face. If you make the space they will get "sticky feet" and their base instinct will be to flee, not fight.

If you want to actually hurt the person, then calm them down first, then hit them hard and fast.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that might work too.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Ok every time I watch a basket ball game and one of the players fall down on that hard floor, they get hurt and it takes them a little time to get up. Now the ufc ring has a soft floor not a hard floor so being thrown to the ground in the street is different.

Where Art ends, nature begins.

So the only way you will find out what I and others are talking about is to study some Combat Style martial arts, and I take it you know what they are.

Actually I do study a Combat stlye.

You study Krav Maga? From what I've seen it looks like a very straight forward, brutal style. KM is a MMA that they decided to name their own in Israel, correct? Do you enjoy it, and do you think it prepares you for the street or for the ring?

shotokanwarrior, the floor is the same as a boxing ring. It's just sprung wood covered by canvas. There is NO padding.

TKD - Black Belt

JohnnyS I think what Shotokanwarrior said is obvious, the ring breaks your fall, they don't nail those boards down. There's bounce to it. You don't think there's any difference between the floor of the ring and concrete?

I do not know if this has been said already but posting based on hypothetical situations which could quite frankly never happen is a waste of time. Two fighters can seem fairly evenly matched, but it all comes down to cunning. All you need to do is watch some sumo matches where they do not use wheight classes to see what I am talking about. But please do not let my ramblings slow down your wasteful topic.

Very Respectfully wcnavstar

"We work with being, but non-being is what we use" Tao Te Ching

wcnavstar is correct. Royce won, case closed.

TKD - Black Belt

Well imo asking if size matters is like asking if a person has a faster punch does it matter. Or if someones legs are longer that yours does it matter. In all actuality size is just another persons advantage or disadvantage. In asking does it matter id say yes to an extent but, is it a deciding advantage i'd have to say no. It's just one variable in a long list of advantages and disadvantages. IN short the person with the most advantages will win weather he's bigger or smaller.