• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

anyone know anything bad about krav maga?

Aznkarateboi-thousands of people get mugged/beatup/raped/murdered all the time...im sure the large majority never though it would happen to them.

Most people dont train in any self defense/fighting system..why? because they think things like that dont happen to them..or they dont worry about it...unfortuantly it does happen to alot of people.

So if you think people are wasting their time by learning to effectively defend themselves then maybe you should rethink things.

About your whole "buy a Gun" do you really think that you can carry a gun around with you everywhere you go? do you think you will always be able to acces it at the spur of the monent? People usually dont ask you if your ready before they attack you.

So really the whole "get a gun" thing isint a valid reason for not learning how to defend yourself unarmed.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Aznkarateboi-thousands of people get mugged/beatup/raped/murdered all the time...im sure the large majority never though it would happen to them.

Yes, but as I said, the majority won't think it will happen to them because it actually won't. I said that Krav Maga may not be the best choice to take if you are looking for a martial art because its only benefit is self defense.

Most people dont train in any self defense/fighting system..why? because they think things like that dont happen to them..or they dont worry about it...unfortuantly it does happen to alot of people.

There are cheaper means to achieveing self defense, which brings us to your point about guns.

o if you think people are wasting their time by learning to effectively defend themselves then maybe you should rethink things.

I never said that I think that people are wasting their time. TJS, look at the title of the thread. "Disadvantages of Krav Maga" or something along those lines. Disadvantages of Krav Maga are precisely what I listed. If you fear attack and wish to defend yourself with your bare hands, take Krav Maga by all means.

About your whole "buy a Gun" do you really think that you can carry a gun around with you everywhere you go? do you think you will always be able to acces it at the spur of the monent? People usually dont ask you if your ready before they attack you.

You are correct in the sense when you say that it is not possible to take a gun wherever you go. However, if you fear attack enough to invest in a gun (as opposed to KM training) then I would think that when you are in a dangerous situation or place(in which case I think you would have enough sense to carry a weapon), it would be in an easily accessible spot. And no, people do not ask if you are ready before attacking. The element of surprise has the same effect on a Krav Magaist as a person with a gun, no?

So really the whole "get a gun" thing isint a valid reason for not learning how to defend yourself unarmed.

See above.

The element of surprise has the same effect on a Krav Magaist as a person with a gun, no?

I think it takes a little less time to throw a punch or or make a defense then to pull out a gun from wherever it is while they are bashing you head in..thats assuming they dont take the gun from you once you have taken a few nice head shot.

I think it takes a little less time to throw a punch or or make a defense then to pull out a gun from wherever it is while they are bashing you head in..thats assuming they dont take the gun from you once you have taken a few nice head shot.

Hmmm, well robodjs, if you want to take a martial art for the sole reason for defending against the above sort of attack, I'm afraid I can't change your mind. Good luck in choosing your martial art.

no, I have plenty of fun Taking KM..sparring/grappling/working out etc and There actually are "flashy" high kicks,spinning kicks etc...but they are later on so that

A)-you learn how to defend against them..(lets face it half the people on planet earth have studied TKD at one time or another)

B) doing such kicks will improve your balance,corrdination, etc.. generally for example if you can throw good high kicks then your low kicks will be awsome.

So like i said KM Is far from boring imo.

"No martial art is better than a gun, but id rather be in court for assulting a man in a fight than for killing him".

on the streets, if they have a gun and intend to kill you, you can seriously disarm the attacker with the gun and serious injure them or if attacker already shot you, then if one intends to fight back then you could kill them if you are really strong, but it is the martial artist indivuals choice to handle the situation. in my opinion, if they intend to kill you or hurt you, its better to disarm them and injure the attacker with the gun and then let the cops handle it. so martial arts can be better than a gun attacker if the martial artist indivual is good enough. e..g. quick decision thinking, quickness in their martial artists moves, skillness in the martial artists moves, and knowing they have adjustable strength and power.

Im not going to be biased with my answer so I will stress the bad/good points about KM....

What I don't like.....

1. Takes a long time to be proficient at it (of course :lol: )

2. Takes alot of coordination to piece together combinations

What I do like.....

1. Straight to the point, bone breaking combinations all in one movement.

2. Pressure Point attacks

3. Overall technique

What I love about Krav is that your trained to disable your attacker in the quickest fashing with least amount of movement. We are literally timed on these attacks wearing pads using 50% force contact. I know...I know you can do the same with all the other martial arts that we all study, but Krav does it REALLY REALLY DIRTY :D :D .

https://www.kimsookarate.com

Krav-Maga, Tai Chi Chu an, Karate, Aikido, Hapkido, Taekwon Do, Judo

Takes a long time to be proficient at it

Generally most people think the opposite...one of the main things in mind when it was designed was that it needed to be taught quickly.

Compared to most things out there it's alot easier to learn IMO..