• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

All Style Karate

Anduina

But I wont to know something about this system. Who is author? How it should look like? And thinks like this.

Well I already provided what I could find with search engines...since it sounds like you're already taking the style, perhaps you should ask the instructor about the history of the style, what styles it is made of, etc.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow! okay i didnt know all that, yea every style is great go for it, please to god! if that what your being offered TAKE IT! even if my griping is correct maybe you can make something of it. SMR, i partialy agree with you. karate culture is its own culure just with a lot of japanese/okinawain influences. I do, however, love japanses/okinawain cultures. as well as german, russian, estonian (Martial Girl i hope you saw that) French, British, irish (since i was born there) and of course American. i love this country and im so glad i live here, but like i say often, and my dad along with alot of other ppl nail me for it but thats your opinion. 'Before i am a citizen of ANY country, i am a citizen of the world" i just love foriegn culures, and i find it funny that (not claiming you did this, butppl have) its constantly said that im unamerican because i have a Japanese scroll in my room across from the Irish National flag. but this is the melting pot for petes sake! my love of world culure SHOULD be considered VERY american.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

There is nothing wrong with having an interest in foreign culture. I applaud it. How interesting would we be if we just stuck to the stuff that's familiar. I guess what I was trying to say is that a growing number of people just seem to want to be japanese. I have personally heard many people, not even those who are not martial artists say "american culture sucks." Just like that.

Oh well. I think this stuff is way off topic anyway

I believe that the so called american karate is not karate just for the fact that the word karate is not an american word and most americans do not even know how to say it right.

Where Art ends, nature begins.

When you said "Karate culture" I think you pinned it on the nose. The vast majority of people think that Karate Culture = Japanese Culture. They don't understand that "Karate culture" is not Japanese culture.

Pleace explain to us mortals, what the h..ll is Karate culture? :-?

The culture is different from every single dojo, how can you say that there even is such a thing as "karate culture". The culture we nowdays assosiate with Karate has got almost NOTHING to do with the Japaneese culture. The MA culture that have grown and been accepted is a modern way of thinking, mixed with some good ideas found in Christianity, Asian cultures, muslims etc, "bee nice, dont harm others". :P What does this have to do with Karate? Unarmed combat has always been about: "Kill or be killed while watching your family die." This does no longer apply in our modern community, not the way it was 200 years ago anyway. 8)

Most of the modern philosophies that are known to be part of Karate has got nothing to do woth the hundreads of years old defence systems wich were cultivated in the east.

No, let me practise Karate without all the bullshit. :karate: I want to learn to fight, if I wanted to do magic (as many people seems to belive Karate's all about) I would join A. LaVey and his Satanic church or something like that.

PS

Parden my english

I DO BU DO!

Karate or dojo etiquette does come from japaneese culture. For starters the terms are all japaneese. Respect for others inside your dojo and even visitors. Im not sure if any of you have been to japan but everything is done from a sabate position even the motels do not have chairs. You do not shake hands everyone bows to you. This is just a few of the things that come from the japaneese culture but I do know that the every day japaneese person does not know all of the karate etiquette.

Where Art ends, nature begins.

i dont remeber ignorance being a virtue in an culutre except maybe communist russia :roll: if all you want to do is fight and kill than perhaps youd better start looking for a new hobbie, or maybe just a penitentary. culures, ALL culures change some with time. thats just a fact of life. being traditional dosent mean you cant change things. we have adapted the martial arts for a reason, and if the martial arts wernt aloud to grow they would certainly not have withstood the test of time.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

Karate etiquette does come from Japan. Everybody knows that. But Karate come from Okinawa. And Okinawa for years was occupated by Japan. And peoples from Okinawa dosen't like Japan. And Okinawa was more connected with China. And on Okinawa wasn't something like "dojo etiquette". There was a Master who teached one or two students. But this Mater was for example fisherman and he doesn't change his clothes to give a lesson of karate. And when Funakoshi started to teachinig karate in Tokio japanish peoples introduced "dojo etiquette".

So "dojo etiquette" is connect with Japan, but karate come from Okinawa not from Japan.

Oh fireka, happy to hear. :D

I read smr's text. Even I have heard some people say: 'american culture sucks'. But ya know what? Here, in Estonia, when I asked my friends and others what they think about America, they said: America? Oh yes! I think americans are splendid and they are so nice!

One of my friends said, that her american friends are very sympatic people.

So be proud to be americans. :wink:

I myself like americans too, I love foreign culture!

(hope fireka saw this). :D

Kill is love