Anduina

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just based on the sound of it ithink i have the same opinion about it that i do about american style karate. he should never have happened, it sucks all the energy and culure of the art. The idea behind styles are there threre because diffrent styles use diffrent methods, theres no way to proberly combine 'all stlyes' will, perhaps there is, but i certainly would want no part of it.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

Combining all styles I think would be very hard to do considering the many different styles that are out there. I have heard of taking techniques from one and incorporating into the style that is being taught simply because it is a good technique and has been proven effective. Our Hanshi has shown us some different techniques from different styles but always gives that style and Sensei who taught it to him the credit. That's my opinion. :D :karate:

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

Never mind the naysayers. If you aren't interested in the cultural aspect of karate, then check out All Style Karate. I know nothing about it, but if it is effective, then it is good. I'm not japanese, and I don't care to learn about the japanese culture. Culture doesn't help me to be better at karate. If people stopped idolizing japanese culture and started looking in to american culture then maybe we'd be better off. There's culture here if you care to look.

just based on the sound of it ithink i have the same opinion about it that i do about american style karate. he should never have happened, it sucks all the energy and culure of the art. The idea behind styles are there threre because diffrent styles use diffrent methods, theres no way to proberly combine 'all stlyes' willwill, perhaps there is, but i certainly would want no part of it.

As many martial arts styles (including yours - Isshinryu, and mine - Goju Ryu) are the result of combining techniques from other martial arts styles, I think it is best not to throw stones.

As for "All Style Karate" it could be anything but I did a search and found a site that talked about it in German. In fact most of the sites that talked about All Style Karate appeared to be in German. This is the site I'm referring to...http://www.budo-sport-club-pb.de/all_style_karate.htm I think it stated it was a modern sport that combined techniques from Tae kwon do, karate, jiujitsu and kickboxing.

I guess it depends what you want...if you want to collect techniques, then this may be the place for you, if you want to practice an actual style, just be aware that your style is now "All Style", NOT to be confused with actually studying each of those arts individually. That's OK too, just be aware of it.

If you are interested in actually learning each of these martial arts (as opposed to techniques) I would be very skeptical when going to a place with that name. You might also want to find out the lineage and qualifications of the instructors....what degree of black belt do they have in the martial arts they claim to have combined? Is that level of black belt high enough for them to have learned all of the kata/bunkai for the style? You need to reach 4th degree black belt in Goju Ryu Karate to have even been introduced to all of the kata in the style, for example. If not, are they still training? Who is/are their Sensei(s)/instructor(s)? How many years did they kickbox? You get the idea.

I don't personally like the name, because of what it implies..that you are taking "all styles". For example...I take Goju Ryu, but I don't claim to be studying White Crane Kung Fu or Chinese Boxing, even though some of these things were incorporated into the style. I think a better name for the style on the website I listed is a generic name "martial arts", or better yet: "mixed martial arts" .

If you're interested, check them out, watch a few classes, and participate in some classes to try your hand at it.

....edited once by karate_woman to fix my quote of fireka (I had cut it off somehow!!)

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

SMR, when i say 'culutre' im not nesacarily refering to a japanese/okinawain culure, but the culture of karate itself. American style is a joke. it has been proven a joke. we have a culture here that i am very aware and proud of but i just love studing culures. what you said sounds like something my father would say. its great to have your own culure but being ignorant to other culures is exactlly that, ignorance.

American style is a joke. it has been proven a joke.

Not that I would even have an opportunity to try American Style Karate, but I hadn't heard this...when and where was this proven? :-?

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

i have yet to see an american style victory against another style! ISKA, K-1 (if you can even find an american styleist), Olympics, i have even seen friends in american style who get into street fights (because there sensais dont teach them any better) and are defeated by untrained fighters who base there techniques soley on rough movements meant to break faces in, but have no control what so ever.

You see this point has been argued before. Perhaps the reason why your friends get thier faces kicked in in street fights is because they aren't very good. That is more of a reflection on their instructor's ability to teach or the student's willingness to learn than the actual martial art itself.

When you said "Karate culture" I think you pinned it on the nose. The vast majority of people think that Karate Culture = Japanese Culture. They don't understand that "Karate culture" is not Japanese culture. It sort of offends me when I hear people say that American culture stinks and asian/japanese culture is great. Mostly these are people who either: A. Practice a japanese MA, or B. Play too many video games by Squaresoft and watch too many Japanese cartoons, a.k.a. "Japamations."

Thanks everyone for yours advice. Thing is that I don't have any choice. In my town there is only TKD ITF and All Styla Karate :bawling: And I'm practise both :karate: . But I wont to know something about this system. Who is author? How it should look like? And thinks like this.

BTW I think that peoples look different things in karate. One - efficient, another- japanish culture or art, or something else. Every reason is good to training karate :D